Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Maya student license capabilities

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Davidoron1
1319 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk Maya student license capabilities

I have 2 questions concerning the Maya student license. 1.: Can I upload videos I've made in Maya to Youtube if they aren't monetized. Thus, I make no money. 2.: If so, could I then buy a commercial license and monetize the videos I made and uploaded previously.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jessica.t
in reply to: Davidoron1

Hello David and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

1. Educational Community software can be used to showcase your work but there cannot be compenstation involved and the videos must be for non-commercial purposes.

2. No. Anything created by an educational license will not be able to be used for commercial/monetary purposes, ever. Even if you buy a commercial license later, that previously created work cannot be used for profit reasons later.

Please see the Education Community terms of use for further information or contact copyright.agent@autodesk.com.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 5
Davidoron1
in reply to: jessica.t

OK Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
jessica.t
in reply to: Davidoron1

You're very welcome! If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 5
dudejaway
in reply to: jessica.t

Once you purchase a subscription or full commercial version of the Autodesk software, can you alter your original creations from your Student version and commercialize those creations?

What level of modification is necessary to comply with your copyright rules?

Thank you so much for any information you can provide!

Thank you for creating the most amazing software ever!

Have an awesome day!

Sincerely,

Dude Jaway

Party On, Live in the Now, Be Excellent to Each Other...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report