Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Maya Student Serial Number Help

31 REPLIES 31
SOLVED
Message 1 of 32
fluffysheep12345
9155 Views, 31 Replies

Autodesk Maya Student Serial Number Help

Hello, I am a student and have tried to download the student version of Austodesk Maya 2013.  When I click on Maya from the Download Center I get this message: Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault. and directly under it is what appears to be what everyone else gets.  I think this is supposed to happen but when I try to put in the serial number that it gave me (and continues to give me on multiple computers) (I can post the serial number if needed but it seems to be the default one) during the activation of the license I get this message: The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1) So out of curiosity I attempted to download some of the others and got the same message.  I actually cant get to the maya download page anymore from the Download Center or 3dsMax but that is what it said when I could (this morning I could but not anymore)  I had already downloaded maya from there on different users of my computer but It's not working so I make new users to try again.  So sorry to trouble anyone, but I would really like to know how to get this and get help from a professional, because I have been trying for the past 4 days and its been very frustrating.  Thanks in advanced

31 REPLIES 31
Message 21 of 32
ikikik
in reply to: philip.s

I've had the same issue, however I tried with the solution that was given here, making a new account, however it does not work for me. Offtopic here but as i was prompted to select my school i was given two options with the same name LBS and LBS. Could that be a problem?

Message 22 of 32
anashvint
in reply to: camilo.lemos

what is the maya 5.0 serial no.

Message 23 of 32
OnCraft

Hi, im having the same problem, i have checked the code several times, and just dont go. please. help.

Message 24 of 32
camilo.lemos
in reply to: OnCraft

Hi @OnCraft , welcome to the Community!

If this is your first time downloading from the Education Community and you are seeing invalid serial number errors, the best and easiest workaround is to create a new account on the Education Community and obtain a new serial number (a full product download is NOT needed, simply go as far as obtaining the serial number and cancel the download).

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 25 of 32
OnCraft

Thanks, it worked.
Message 26 of 32
camilo.lemos
in reply to: OnCraft

You're welcome!

Camilo Lemos

Message 27 of 32

Hi!

I'm from Germany and my English is not the best, sorry... 😕 But I have a problem with the installation.

The product-key was already written when I got there. But there is no serial number. Where can I get that? I'm a student.

The picture can show the problem...

Message 28 of 32
camilo.lemos
in reply to: 29061993RF

Hi @29061993RF and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

The serial number should have been displayed on the Education Community when you started the download (right after you selected product, version and language). This will also have been sent to you via email.

Can you please check your email for the serial number?

If you cannot find it, please go back to the Education Community, and fill in the version, language and OS menus from the product download page to see your serial number again. There is no need to fully download the program again, simply go as far as obtaining the serial number.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 29 of 32
29061993RF

Thanks but it didn't help...

I checked my Mails. I just got an E-Mail to activat my profile und the mail, that you answered... There is a picture with the windows below when I'm going to download Maya...

EDIT: There was a message when I chose the operating system:

We're sorry we cannot provide you with your license details at this time

is that the problem? Is my profile not certified for student programs?

Message 30 of 32
camilo.lemos

You profile should be fine.

For the moment I would recommend using the product as a trial (it has the same features as the student version) and try to obtain a serial number again in a few hours.

Thank you, 

Camilo Lemos

Message 31 of 32
29061993RF

Okay. Thank you!!
Message 32 of 32
camilo.lemos

Sure thing!

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report