Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Maya Student Serial Number Help

31 REPLIES 31
SOLVED
Message 1 of 32
fluffysheep12345
9154 Views, 31 Replies

Autodesk Maya Student Serial Number Help

Hello, I am a student and have tried to download the student version of Austodesk Maya 2013.  When I click on Maya from the Download Center I get this message: Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault. and directly under it is what appears to be what everyone else gets.  I think this is supposed to happen but when I try to put in the serial number that it gave me (and continues to give me on multiple computers) (I can post the serial number if needed but it seems to be the default one) during the activation of the license I get this message: The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1) So out of curiosity I attempted to download some of the others and got the same message.  I actually cant get to the maya download page anymore from the Download Center or 3dsMax but that is what it said when I could (this morning I could but not anymore)  I had already downloaded maya from there on different users of my computer but It's not working so I make new users to try again.  So sorry to trouble anyone, but I would really like to know how to get this and get help from a professional, because I have been trying for the past 4 days and its been very frustrating.  Thanks in advanced

31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32

Hi fluffysheep12345,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number. Upon reply please also include a screenshot of the error you encountered.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 32
mstokov
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hello, I'm also a student and am having the same problem with AutoCAD 2010. I get my serial number and product key, and AutoCAD accepts it during the installation, but after installlation, when I run AutoCAD, it checks for activation/registration, and I go for the automatic activation, where it says that my numbers are invalid, and I get the key, the request key, I believe it is, with which I can manually get the activation key on the www.autodesk.com/register. BUT! When I went there, logged in, it asks me to pick my product: AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 or Autodesk Inventor 2012. I use Inventor, but ACAD Mechanical 2012 was... not suited for me, so I wanted to use AutoCAD 2010, but it's not there on the list. What should I do?

I'm supposed to transfer my drawings from Inventor to AutoCAD when I finish modelling, and that will be soon. Please assist!

Thank you!

Message 4 of 32
camilo.lemos
in reply to: mstokov

Hi mstokov and welcome to the forums:) 

I have removed your attachment from your post as it contained your product serial number. Please, do not post your serial number on public forums as it can jeopardize your account and ability to activate software in the future.

I've just checked both your serial number and your account on the Education Community and you don't seem to have downloaded AutoCAD 2010, therefore you will not see it on the list of products you can activate. The first step is to log on to the Education Community, go to Free Software and download the software you wish to activate.

As a tip, if you are going to transfer drawings from Inventor 2012 to AutoCAD, I suggest you download AutoCAD 2012 or 2013 as the 2010 version may not be able to fully read files made on later versions of the software.

Let me know if you need any further assistance:)

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 32
mstokov
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thank you for the reply (didn't expect it so quickly). I have just downloaded AutoCAD 2010 (again) and same thing happens. I have attached three screenshots in which I have blurred any important information. In the last post, I have drawn a red rectangle oner the information, but doesn't matter.

In the first, you can see that I downloaded today and on January 9th.

In the second you can see that I am registered at www.autodesk.com/register, but only have two options.

The third screenshot shows that my download was actually never registered by autodesk.com as that is the status AFTER I downloaded and installed and tried to register the 2010 the second time.

Please assist, thank you!

Message 6 of 32
camilo.lemos

Hi mstokov,

There seems to be an error which is preventing the website from assigning a serial number to your AutoCAD 2010. WE are looking into it and will let you know as soon as this has been reseolved.

Meanwhile, have you considered downloading the 2012 or 2013 version for compatibility purposes?

Regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 7 of 32
mstokov
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Well, I used 2010 in my university, and it was great and very reliable. I will try to install the 2012 version at home. Thanks for the assistance.

Message 8 of 32
mstokov

I have downloaded and installed AutoCAD 2012 and I get the same problem.

I will try again tomorrow, and until then I will use the 30 day trial.

Please look into it and solve it. Thank you very much for your assistance

Message 9 of 32
mike.hf1337

Hello, I'm having the same problem with downloading 3D Studio Max 2011 😞

I need it for my educational program, but I keep getting the error =\ 

Please help me! 

Message 10 of 32
camilo.lemos
in reply to: mike.hf1337

Hi Mike and welcome to the forums!

Can you give us more detail on the error you are encountering?
Is there an error message and, if so, what does it say?

Thank you.

Camilo Lemos

Message 11 of 32

Well, I chose to download the student version of 3ds Max 2011 and got the strange error "Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault".

But right under it there are my serial number and product key codes O.o

Well, I succesfully downloaded it, entered the code, installed and just when I tried to launch 3ds max 2011 it notified me to either register or use trial version for 30 days, well I chose to register ofc, and then it came with error saying that the serial number is not valid.

Also on the website in my account info, where it says "my sowftware" the number is 0. So, it's not registering or something. 

Please help 😞

Message 12 of 32
philip.s
in reply to: mike.hf1337

Hello Mike and our apologies for the inconvenience.

This is a known issue, affects a very limited amount of new registrations, that we're aware of and working on. As this is an account based problem that prevents your licensing information from functioning properly, the suggested workaround, would be to create a new Education Community profile with a different email address and request a new serial number.

Please let us know if this resolves the issue and or if you experience any further difficulties.

Message 13 of 32
R_Rahman
in reply to: philip.s

I have downloaded AutoCAD and Mudbox successfully with no problems. But everytime i try to download studioMax (which I did) but everytime open the application I get this message from my Autodesk software:

"Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault".

But right under it there are my serial number and product key codes.

And everytime I try to add in these details it opens up with an error sign. Is there some way you can fix this?

Regards

Rozita

Message 14 of 32

I'm actually having the same problem when trying to download AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 on his student's version.

"Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault". Then, I got a message above showing me a "standard" Product Key and Serial Number. They work great during the instalation process, but then, they result being invalid for activating definitely the product.

¿Where should I talk to someone to afford this issue? ¿There's a solution for this?

Message 15 of 32
philip.s
in reply to: cornalo.mario

My apologies for the inconvenience Mario.

We were experiencing in the Education Community earlier today which was not allowing users to select their school during the registration process and automatically associating Magenta Academy. In turn this caused certain products not to show up in the Download Center and an "Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault" message to display.

With that being said this has just been resolved and the site is once again fully functional. In order to access the site benefits, please create a new Education Community account using a different email address as your existing profile is corrupt, and request a new serial number.

Message 16 of 32
MARITO.C22
in reply to: philip.s

Philip, to be honest with you, I wasn't waiting for such an efficient answer in the short term. ¡Thanks a lot! Now, I've activated my AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 with my own student's license.

Just to now, there's no way to completely eliminate my corrupted profile from the database?

That's because I'm using other products from Autodesk (Like Autodesk Homestyler), and I have them all registered under my gmail account. Actually, I had to use a hotmail account for AutoCAD, so I could generate a valid Serial Number. It'd be great to have this product registered under the same gmail account wich I use for daily mailing.

Thanks again for such an efficient support service.

Mario.

Message 17 of 32

Hello
I seem to be having the same exact problem with the serial number  Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault. It keeps saying that the serial number is invalid and to try again. I've been looking online for a solution but no luck. Sorry for the trouble but if someone could help with this that would be great. 

Message 18 of 32

Hi eddygranda86,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 19 of 32

Im haveing the exact same problem with my autocad download

Message 20 of 32
philip.s
in reply to: johncurran.ie

Welcome to the community John!

In this case, the error assigning serial number to product issue is typically caused by a backend profile issue, and is resolved by simply creating a new Education Community account with a new email address.

Can you let us know if that works for you?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report