Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Maya 2014 installer says it is installed

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
kfroldan
3236 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk Maya 2014 installer says it is installed

I have Autodesk Maya 2013 64bit installed on my machine and I uninstalled it and tried Maya 2014. I have never installed 2014 before but when I installed it, the installer only installed BackBurner, MatchMover, and the like and says that Maya 2014 is installed even though it is not. I cannot find Maya 2014 on my registry so I come here to ask help if what registry key/s should I edit/delete. tnx

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
david.lau
in reply to: kfroldan

Use Microsoft Fix it to uinstall the program.  Basically, if the system thinks the software is already installed, Fix It will 'fix it".

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/06/windows-the-basics-of-using-microsoft-fix-it.html

David Lau
Message 3 of 8
kfroldan
in reply to: david.lau

Hi David.Lau
Thanks for the link but I kinda have a problem. My Operating System(Windows 8.1 64bit) is not yet supported. But thanks! I will wait for my system to be supported 😃

Message 4 of 8
dembkod

kfroldan,

Hello. You may be able to get past this phenomenon by deleting a specific reg key for Maya. If you delete this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\D5CB8AF74EC73F24E8EA23FDB5BA357A

It may let the installer install over the remnants of the old install.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 8
kfroldan
in reply to: dembkod

THANKS!!! That did the trick. Thanks for the help Autodesk Product Support 🙂

Message 6 of 8
ImaC4Nub_152
in reply to: dembkod

Where would I find that file to Delete? I imputted it in the Command & Search Bar on Libraries, Nothing, Windows 7 64. Program was orriginally on one of my secondary SSDs 

Message 7 of 8
ukdxb012
in reply to: ImaC4Nub_152

You will find the key in the windows registry via regedit.exe

Type Regedit into the search in Windows and you should find the program.

My i also suggest that you create a need community post regarding this if my recommendation does not help you.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 8 of 8
arpit107

Hi, I am using Autodesk Maya 2016. Can u help me out, which registery key, do i have to delete. I have tried Microsoft fix it and also deleted all folders associated name of Autodesk or Maya but nothing worked. I would be grateful if you help, which reg. key do I have to delete

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report