Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk License Server not working on new server with MS Server 2008

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jweiss1313
416 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk License Server not working on new server with MS Server 2008

I'm in the middle of switching from an older server to a new one and I'm trying to get the Autodesk Network License manager to work. I've followed all the instructions to install the latest FlexLM on the new server. I requested new license files from Autodesk. I've modified the licpath.lic files to point to the new server and I get an error that states I can't get a license. Are there any know issues when installing on MS Server 2008 servers? Does anyone have any suggestions to get this thing working???

John Weiss
CAD Administrator
Follett Corp
John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: jweiss1313

Should work fine. Do a status enquiry in LMTOOLS System Status tab and make sure that your network license manager service is up and running. You probably also need to make sure that you can ping your server by hostname from the client machines and that it returns the proper IP address. Also, you may need to disable any firewall or add exceptions for ports 27000-27009 and 2080. It may help if you post your debug log here and any error codes from your client machines.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report