I have found a few forum post already on this topic but no help to fixing my problem. I'm trying export my license of Revit Structure Suite 2013 before I uninstall it. I'm uninstalling due to the new Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2013 my company got isn't installing, because it detects that a few things are already installed.
I open the LTU and the serial number I'm trying to export is correct and the utility asks me to sign-in. After it attempts to connect I get a Export Failure. It gives me a Error Referenc 1 and gives me the options to Retry, Print, or Finish that's all. And no how many times I retry I get the same message. Does anyone have a thought of how to get the LTU to allow me to export my license?
Hello. In this case, honestly, you would be best served just uninstalling, installing, and then just activating the new installation. The export system is being held up somewhere and it will probably be less intensive to just install and reactivate.
Thank you for taking part in our community!
Product Support Specialist
Autodesk Product Support
I wanted to point out that in this case the export error you're receiving is actually by design, due to the fact that you're trying to use the LTU on a license (AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2013) that was upgraded (Building Design Suite Premium 2013).
I'm guessing that you were trying to export the license to another computer to avoid downtime while you uninstall the old / reinstall the new software? If that's the case, and as this license is upgraded, have you considered installing the Design Suite on another machine while you clean up this one?
The problem is that I can't install the upgrade to Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2013 at all. It fails everytime I attempt to install it. The reason I'm trying to export the license to my Revit Structural Suite 2013 is to preserve it, if even after uninstalling the Revit Structural Suite 2013 I can't install the new Design Suite 2013 because of failure to install.
At this point my newly purchased subcription based upgrade is just thing I have and can't use.
Any specific failure / error messages during the install? Can you please attach your error log so that we can troubleshoot accordingly.
Sorry about that I replied from the email. It made the post just not attaching the txt file. But here's the txt file I saved from the error log.
Check out the recommendations in this recent error 1603 thread, specifically:
1. Make sure you don't already have any other vertical flavor of AutoCAD 2013 already installed before installing BDS2013.
2. Make sure you have local administrator privileges. Sometimes Office updates switch you to Debugger User, etc. So verify you are local administrator. In fact, you might even try logging in as Administrator or running the installer as Administrator.
3. Make sure UAC is disabled completely
4. Make sure anti-virus is off.
5. If you are installing from media (DVD or USB) copy the contents to a folder on your local hard drive and install from there. If you are installing from network deployment, make sure you have full read/write to the share and folder permissions and do not make it a silent deploy.
6. Do not add the service pack during the install. If prompted, decline. Add the service pack afterwards.
Okay I was discussing the latest news on what to do to get my install of the BDSP2013 to work, with my Revit manager. He brought up a good question, because he has gotten his to install, when will BDSP2014 be coming out? He hasn't seen any tools that I will need thus far in his install that I can't do without and since I'm the only one having trouble so far, he thinks that it might just be better for me to wait for BDSP2014 and for me to just continue to use the Revit Structural Suite 2013 that still works beautiful for me.
My apologies Thomas as I ’m unable to comment on upcoming product release dates or the features that may or may not be included in future products or product versions.
Perhaps one of the other community members can weigh in on release dates / patterns here?