Installation & Licensing

djmally
Message 1 of 6 (4,813 Views)

Autodesk Inventor Pro 2012 Won't Install At All

4813 Views, 5 Replies
09-10-2011 11:37 AM

Thanks!

I downloaded the free student version of Inventor Pro 2012, but the program fails to install every time I try. I get through the license agreement, serial key, and customization screens, but when the installation screen comes up, I get a message saying that everything failed to install (screenshot of the error is attached). I'm running Win7 64-bit, and my hardware is definitely well above the minimum system requirements. Does anyone know why this might be happening, and how I can fix it? I'd really like to be able to use Inventor...

Product Support
david.lau
Message 2 of 6 (4,796 Views)
Employee
kevinautodesk2008
Message 3 of 6 (4,780 Views)

Re: Autodesk Inventor Pro 2012 Won't Install At All

09-12-2011 06:22 PM in reply to: djmally

see from the screenshot, Design Review installed failed.please find the log file in "temp" folder and attach it. it seems there are some third software install failed

you can try to uninstall other Design Review version if you installed before and install the new one again

if you don't need Design Review and Vault temporary, you can uncheck them when you select products to install and see if they can install successfully.

dobrinikola
Message 4 of 6 (1,090 Views)

10-29-2013 04:36 AM in reply to: djmally

I unchecked all boxes except first one,and it worked :smileyvery-happy:

Spoiler

halengdog5
Message 5 of 6 (335 Views)

04-18-2014 11:30 AM in reply to: dobrinikola

hey im also having this problem, im at the serial number part and it gives 2 options to pick from for license type: stand-alone or network, ive tried for 4 times now and i get the same issue as dj, should i pick a certain option or what? please help

Community Manager
jessica.t
Message 6 of 6 (327 Views)

04-18-2014 02:39 PM in reply to: halengdog5

Hi @halengdog5 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

From our records it appears that you have licenses from our Education Community which are all standalone deployments. Did you try all of the troubleshoot suggestions that David provided in the post above? How did they work out? Please feel free to respond to this post with any further information. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube