Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor License Usage by Contractor

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
602 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk Inventor License Usage by Contractor

Our US-based company has hired an offshore consultant company from India to help develop customized software for us using the Inventor API.  We are currently using Inventor 2010 and we need them to be able to develop using Inventor 2010.

Questions:

(1) Can they still purchase a non-US license for Autodesk Inventor 2010?

(2) If not, can the contract company install and use one of our existing Inventor 2010 licenses (that we are not using) on their own computers/network here in the U.S.?

(3) Also, can the contract company install and use one of our existing Inventor 2010 licenses (that we are not using) on their own computers/network in India?

Thanks for the information!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

This is a pretty tough question and you should probably call your reseller.  But to answer it as best as I can:

1.  2010 is retired, so it might not be possible to buy new seats. 

2.  Possibly.  You may want to provide the equipment or temporary activations.

3.  No.  You cannot use a North American license out of territory.

This is just a basic answer.  Your reseller should be able to clear up any details. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report