Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
harihars
394 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk Inventor 2014

Hi !

I am trying to install Autodesk Inventor 2014 on my Windows 8.1 Machine, but after browser download when I try to install it, I get the following error:

11-27-2013 9-35-58 AM.png

I was able to install Inventor 2013, but I was not able to run it on Windows 8.1 .. 

Please advice. 

Thank you for your support!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: harihars

Welcome to the community. 

Try downloading it from the virtual assistant.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889745&linkID=9240617

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
harihars
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for your response. I downloaded the two parts into a single folder. When I run the exe, it opens the Auto-Desk Self Extract and after about 8Gb of extraction, it just stops.. the progress bar shows 1 minute remaining, but nothing happens. Please advice the correct steps for intallation. 

Product to be installed: Autodesk Inventor

Thank you for your support.

--Hari

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: harihars

I believe Inventor 2014 requires some additional patches to run under Win 8.1.  For certain, earlier versions do.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
harihars
in reply to: dgorsman

I downloaded a service pack that I need to install after installing the product, but I am unable to find any patch that needs to be installed prior to installing inventor. And the installation fails in the extraction process itself.
Please advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report