Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Freezes and Crashes on Splash Screen

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
joebuttino3
2888 Views, 9 Replies

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Freezes and Crashes on Splash Screen

Hi, I'm having a big issue with the 2014 version of Invenor.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program numerous times, however, each time I go to lauch the program, it acts like its loading bu freezes on the splash screen at about 1/3 of the way loaded.  I have no access to the program before it freezes, crashes and asks to send an error report.  I'm using a student account serial, if that makes any difference... but I also tried to use the 2013 version too, but it had the same result.

My specs:

Dell Inspiron Tower

Core i5-2300 @ 2.80 GHz

6 GB of RAM

64 Bit version of Windows 7 SP1

I use BitDefender and MalwareBytes as my AV.

Thanks very much,

Joe

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
aaronhai
in reply to: joebuttino3

Hi joebuttino3,

Welcome to Autodesk Discussion Group.

Please launch the product under Windows Diagnostic Mode and see if the issue persists. If the program did not give an error in Diagnostic Mode, it could imply a program conflict (eg. antivirus) on your machine that is preventing product from running. If the program gave encounter error even in Diagnostic Mode it means that the software is not installed correctly. In that case, please perform clean un-install and install of the product.

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 10
joebuttino3
in reply to: aaronhai

Hi, I tried did what you said, but it is still crashing on me.  During the install, an error popped up between the EcoMaterials Advisor progress and the Revit thing, would this have anything to do with my problems.  I tried uninstalling them myself and tried to run Inventor again, but it still crashed.  What should I do???

Thanks for replying,

Joe

Message 4 of 10
aaronhai

Hi joebuttino3,

Please run Microsoft Fix-It and see if that removes the residue file from the product enable the installation to go through.

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 5 of 10
TravisNave

Hi Joe.  What is your video card and driver version? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 10
joebuttino3
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis, I have the Intel Processor Graphics 2000 with firmware version 9.17.10.3223 . I hope that helps, I'll try the Fix-it that Aaron had suggested before.

Thanks for your help,
Joe

Message 7 of 10
TravisNave

Yeah, that's kinda what I was worried about.  That onboard video is not certified to run Inventor in any real capable form.  You might have a hard time with it.  Smiley Sad

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 10
joebuttino3

Well darn.  The motherboard had just been replaced by Dell less than a year ago.  I guess that's what happens when your pc's more than 3 years old.

I think I ran the 2012 version without much trouble, not sure if that was because it was downgraded from the 2014 version... can you reccommend any video cards that can run Inventor, I may look into that.

Thanks,

Joe

Message 9 of 10
TravisNave

I personally use nVidia cards. 

But here is the list of Autodesk recommended certified cards for Inventor 2014:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=graphic&produ...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 10
joebuttino3

Thank you very much Travis, you have been very helpful, I'll look into getting a new graphics card for my pc.

Thanks a bunch!!
Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report