Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Installation with ImageX

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Charles.F
289 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Installation with ImageX

I work with Mississippi State Univeristy in the Systems Administrators office, and I'm running into a few problems with Autodesk. We have a volume license, with a license file, and I'm trying to roll out Autodesk on several lab computer as fast as possible. To achieve maxium hardware compatibilites within our department, we use tools like ImageX and WinPE. I set up an inital computer, installed Autodesk, and then ran Sysprep, and imaged the computer. When ever I load the image unto a new computer, it seems Autodesk breaks. It starts up as if it's the first time, and it asks for the license key again. It also fails to authenticate.  If I set it up with the administrator account, it still runs through a first time set up on the public accounts. Is there any resourses that I could use that would assist me in rolling out this software in our engineering computer labs?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Charles.F

Welcome to the forums Charles.

The problem with disk imaging is tied strictly to stand-alone licensing.  If your licenses were network activated and you ran them against a license server, then you would not have this problem.  I blast all of my machines, but I have network versions, so it is not a problem.  The issue occurs because the hardware identifiers from the original image do not match the target machines, so the stand-alone activations fail. 

Really, you have only a couple of options:

1.  Install trials and then activate them.  This sometimes also fails for the same reason though.

2.  Delete the licensing information and then relaunch to activate.  You might have success with this.  Delete the %programdata%\flexnet\adsk*.data files. 

3.  Bite the bullet and pay the network activation and never have this problem again. 

Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Charles.F
in reply to: TravisNave

We already pay for a network license, it's set up and supposedly running
fine. I think the initial set up is bugged.

So when I run a fresh installation with networked registrations enabled,
will that setting carry over? The problem I'm running into is the
registration fails because it's trying to communicate with Autodesk for
authentication instead of our networked server after an imaging.
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Charles.F

Agreed.  Sounds like the application was accidentally installed as stand-alone instead of network.  You'll have to reinstall it.  Choose network version from the radio button and put in the name of the NLM server.  Then you can blast it.  That will work. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report