Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Education Suite for Civil & Structural Engineering 2010

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gazzafield
327 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk Education Suite for Civil & Structural Engineering 2010

Hi,

I installed the Network License Manager for the above product folowing the documentation. The documentation it then said to install the Network License Activation Utility. This, however, did not exist as an installation option on the DVD. Using these forums I got the link to the autodesk registration page and got the product registered and a license file. I put this license file in a License folder within the Network License Manager folder. I then setup the LMTools to point to the lmrgd.exe file, the license file and the debug file. The LMTools version is 11.5

I then setup a deployment and made sure it was for our setup which is a single server network license. My test client installed the software perfectly but fails to pick up a license when Autocad is run. It returns the following error:-

Your application was not able to obtain a license because the FLEXnet license server manager could not determine where to find the licensing data it needs. It then asks to specify the license server or license file and fails.

Running LMTools The Server Diags > Perform Diagnostics comes up with following:-

"81000ESCSE_F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex
License server: PC254
floating license starts: 1-jan-1990, expires: 02-aug-2011
Requests from the same USER/HOST do not consume a new license

This license cannot be checked out because:
A PACKAGE component must be specified.
Feature: 81000ESCSE_F
License path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\ACAD2010license.lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-125,147
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.macrovision.com".
-----------------------------------------------------
"80900ESCSE_2010_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex
License server: PC254
floating license starts: 1-jan-1990, expires: 02-aug-2011
Requests from the same USER/HOST do not consume a new license

This license can be checked out
-----------------------------------------------------

This appears to point to the package line being wrong. But I have no idea where it might be wrong. This is how the Package line starts:-

PACKAGE 81000ESCSE_F adskflex 1.000 COMPONENTS=80900ESCSE_2010_0F \
OPTIONS=SUITE SUPERSEDE ISSUED=02-Sep-2009 SIGN="11F5 81B7 \

Can anyone help?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: gazzafield

You might post your debug.log or do a Perform Status Enquiry from the Server Status tab of LMTOOLS.
Make sure that your license file has not been modified in any way and verify your LMTOOLS as follows:
1. On the Service/License File tab, configure using services. Check the box to ignore environment variables.
2. On the Config Services tab, point to all the necessary files. Check both boxes at the bottom and save the service.
3. Start the server from the Start/Stop/Reread tab.
4. Wait a few seconds then Perform Status Enquiry from the Server Status tab. Verify that your licenses are available and that there are no errors.
If you still have problems, you might want to have a new license file reissued to you. It's not uncommon for a license file to have problems.
Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report