Installation & Licensing

mduczkowski
Message 1 of 8 (114 Views)

Autodesk Education Suite 2011 linux license server

114 Views, 7 Replies
11-04-2011 07:40 AM

I have installed Network License Manager under linux without any problem. Now I want to provide does licenses for users. How to install on desktop computers (with windows) autocad with use of network license?

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 8 (108 Views)

Re: Autodesk Education Suite 2011 linux license server

11-04-2011 07:59 AM in reply to: mduczkowski

you have to configure the installation for a network license

mduczkowski
Message 3 of 8 (106 Views)

11-04-2011 08:24 AM in reply to: DarrenP

I tried to install it on my laptop and I do not see this option. I started installation from cd. In first window I clicked Install Products, then checked "AutoCAD 2011" -> next -> checked "I accept" in Licence Agreement -> next -> filled User and Product Information, chacked "I have my product information" radio button, filled serial number and product key -> next -> and in this window I see that my installation is standalone.

I haven't saw any network license option.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 4 of 8 (101 Views)

11-04-2011 08:40 AM in reply to: mduczkowski

In 2011, the default is stand-alone. You have to configure the product as a custom install to choose the network option. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
mduczkowski
Message 5 of 8 (94 Views)

11-04-2011 09:02 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Is it possible to this without use of other windows machine running as server? I have only one linux machine and I cannot have another used for sharing deployed installation folder.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 6 of 8 (91 Views)

11-04-2011 09:09 AM in reply to: mduczkowski

You don't have to create a deployment.  You can install a network version direct from disc.  You just have to choose configure and then choose the network option over stand-alone. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
mduczkowski
Message 7 of 8 (87 Views)

11-04-2011 09:24 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Ok I see this option. I have one more question, Is it possible to use AutoCAD outside local network? Becouse I am currently out of office and when I put address in the name of server field I get the pop up window with information that this server name doesn't exist or is currently unavailable.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 8 of 8 (81 Views)

11-04-2011 09:43 AM in reply to: mduczkowski

Yes, you can borrow a license when you go offline.  Borrowing is under the Tools menu or also under Help>About>Product Information.  Simply pick the term length from the calendar pop-up and it will borrow the license for use off the network. 

Help Improve the Autodesk Discussion Groups
-----------------------------------------------------------------
If I was able to resolve your issue, please select the "Accept as Solution" option so that you can help fellow members quickly find solutions to their problems. Please add Kudos to a post if you were helped by a post that you did not author.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube