Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Education Suite 2011 linux license server

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mduczkowski
251 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk Education Suite 2011 linux license server

I have installed Network License Manager under linux without any problem. Now I want to provide does licenses for users. How to install on desktop computers (with windows) autocad with use of network license?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: mduczkowski

you have to configure the installation for a network license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
mduczkowski
in reply to: DarrenP

I tried to install it on my laptop and I do not see this option. I started installation from cd. In first window I clicked Install Products, then checked "AutoCAD 2011" -> next -> checked "I accept" in Licence Agreement -> next -> filled User and Product Information, chacked "I have my product information" radio button, filled serial number and product key -> next -> and in this window I see that my installation is standalone.

I haven't saw any network license option.

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

In 2011, the default is stand-alone. You have to configure the product as a custom install to choose the network option. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
mduczkowski
in reply to: TravisNave

Is it possible to this without use of other windows machine running as server? I have only one linux machine and I cannot have another used for sharing deployed installation folder.

Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

You don't have to create a deployment.  You can install a network version direct from disc.  You just have to choose configure and then choose the network option over stand-alone. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 8
mduczkowski
in reply to: TravisNave

Ok I see this option. I have one more question, Is it possible to use AutoCAD outside local network? Becouse I am currently out of office and when I put address in the name of server field I get the pop up window with information that this server name doesn't exist or is currently unavailable.

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

Yes, you can borrow a license when you go offline.  Borrowing is under the Tools menu or also under Help>About>Product Information.  Simply pick the term length from the calendar pop-up and it will borrow the license for use off the network. 

Help Improve the Autodesk Discussion Groups
-----------------------------------------------------------------
If I was able to resolve your issue, please select the "Accept as Solution" option so that you can help fellow members quickly find solutions to their problems. Please add Kudos to a post if you were helped by a post that you did not author.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report