Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Design Review 2012 FAILED TO INSTALL (0X0: Internal Error)

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
skidog63
25256 Views, 6 Replies

Autodesk Design Review 2012 FAILED TO INSTALL (0X0: Internal Error)

Autodesk Design Review 2012 FAILED TO INSTALL (0X0: Internal Error). I went to usa.autodesk.com to download the 2012 FREE version of Design Review + DWG True View. Went to the Design Review FREE Download page and clicked Download now. I tried both SAVE to computer and RUN, The file appears to download However 5 seconds into the install the installer halted with the following msg. (Visual Studio 2010 C++ Runtime 0X0: Internal error). I downloaded C++ to my computer from Microsoft and deleted all Autodesk files from computer. Attempted download / Install again. This time it made it past C++, but failed 7 seconds into install with msg. (Microsoft.Net 4)(Net Framework) I downloaded Microsoft.Net 4 to my computer from Microsoft and deleted all Autodesk files from computer. Attempted download / Install again. This time it made it past C++ and Microsoft.Net 4 but failed 10 seconds into install with msg. (Autodesk Design Review 2012 FAILED TO INSTALL (0X0:Internal Error). After 5 hours of troubleshooting here’s what I learned: When you download Autodesk Design Review 2012 from the normal download page it DOES NOT LOAD THE .EXE FILE TO YOUR COMPUTER! (It’s a 778KB application that loads an .MSI File). When I downloaded the .EXE file to my computer and installed it, (the file comes with everything it needs bundled together) I had NO ISSUES at all! Here’s how I did it: Go to http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10336080 Choose your File type by clicking on the language. Make sure it’s .EXE not .MSL Install the download manager (download now) The 662.35 Meg. File (SetupDesignReview2012_bundle.exe) will download to your computer. Launch the downloaded file. (OK) It will take a few minutes using broadband connection WinZip self-extractor box will appear saying welcome to the Autodesk Design Review 2012 installation (Click on setup) (this may take a few minutes) The Autodesk Design Review 2012 Start screen appears, Click on (Install on this Computer). Click (I accept) on the license agreement, then (Next) The next screen will have Autodesk Design Review 2012 and DWG True View 2012 Checked and Highlighted. Click (INSTALL) This step will take 5 – 7 minutes. You should now see: You have successfully installed the selected products (Autodesk Design Review 2012) and (DWG True View 2012). Click on (Finish) The self-extractor box will Delete Temp files and then disappear. You’re DONE!!! My computer is a Toshiba Netbook /Windows 7 Home/32 bit.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hashim.mundol
in reply to: skidog63

Thanks for sharing the fix

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
vaterv95

Hí everyone!

Here is the solution:

-The installer conatins no error.

-The akamai thingy cause the problem.

-Simply uninstall the Akamai software thingy from your computer then RESTART your machine

-Launch the installer again

-Voila, profit! It works.

-Pls fix that problem!

Message 4 of 7
LThere
in reply to: vaterv95

I tried to download the manager, but that is close to  6G and I'm just downloading the free software in order to get access to functionality of a site on the internet. that doesn't seem right.

I saw the note above, but I don't have anything called that in my Programs so I can't uninstall it.

any other ideas? I downloaded the free Autodesk Review to my desktop as an exe but when I click on it, it fails going through the first installation item and asks me to check my internet connection. There is no problem with my connection. I am stumped.

Message 5 of 7

I think u are behind a firewall or smth that blocked the .exe to connect on internet.

Message 6 of 7
samishener

Here you can find all the files that need to be installed

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Akamai\Cache\download.autodesk.com\esd\designreview\2012

\vc2010\vc2010redist_x86

\dotNet\dotNetFx40

\hf1\DesignReview2012

\ffplugin\ADRBrowserAddon

\direct3d\DirectX_4.9.0.0904

\trueview\DWGViewer_F051_x86

Installing components...

Run "AutodeskDesignRevSetup" and click "next"/program download the first component/you got error/exit setup/go to folder and install manualy.

Do the same for the others.

Enjoy 🙂

Message 7 of 7
LThere

I figured it out last night. The problem was that I needed the Akamai installer. I know the person above said it caused a problem, but I'd tried everthing else. I couldn't tell you at this point what page of the site lead me to downloading it, but I downloaded it. Then I downloaded the free Autodesk Review and the free True Viewer again (you need both). This time when I clicked on Autodesk Review, it installed without problem.

Maybe this info will help someone else. I think I found the Akimai installer when I went to download the True Viewer software, but maybe the next person can search for it if this seems like the solution for him/her to try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report