Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Component Stopped Working

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Dilish
1779 Views, 10 Replies

Autodesk Component Stopped Working

Hello!

I have student version of AuroCAD which doesnt work anymore.

Non of my Autodesk programs is working. I tried to uninstal and instal it again, but it did not help.

You can find attached the error which appears, when I try to start Autocad.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
asburyj
in reply to: Dilish

Hi Dilish,

Welcome to the forum. Based on the error and the fact that none of your Autodesk software will launch it seems like something has gone wrong with the licensing component of your software. It may be the the trusted storage file that keeps your license infromation has become corrupt. As a first troubleshooting step please give the below solution  a try. 

First enable view of hidden files if you have not already(http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/show-hidden-files). Navigate to the below directory

XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Vista/Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet 

Find a file with a name similar to this: adskflex_00691b00_tsf the important thing is that it begins with the adskflex. Delete that file. Please note once you do this all Autodesk standalone licenses will need to be reactivated.

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 11
antho_494
in reply to: asburyj

Hi asburyj,

I have the same problem but with my 3ds Max 2014!

I have tried your solution, but it didn't work.

it creates a backup for the file you talk about! Like a copy if you want...

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/802038Untitled1.jpg

Anything that may help me?? 😕

Message 4 of 11
asburyj
in reply to: antho_494

It's expected that that file would recreate when you next launch the program. If you are still encountering that error than the problem it likely not work the file but perhaps with the licensing component itself because the file would typically recreate itself as a working copy. At this point I would suggest a clean re-install of all Autodesk software. You can use the document linked below as a guideline.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 11
antho_494

Well, I've done everything and... same Error windows when 3DS Max tries to activate...

If you have any other suggestion, it'll be appreciated.

If not.. I guess that I'll give up -.-

Message 6 of 11
asburyj

Perhaps the issue is related to the operating system or one of the windows components. Do you have another computer you can test the install and activation on?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 11
dembkod

antho_494,

Hello. Are you receiving the EXACT same issue as above, or are you receiving any type of an error code? At the stage above, the program is trying to access the internet and use IE settings to try and activate. It could be a versioning issue with IE. If you are on IE 10, rollback to IE9:

1. In the Windows Control Panel, go to Programs and Features
  2. Click Turn Windows features on or off
  3. Uncheck the Internet Explorer 10 box and click "OK". Let the process run
  4. After the system finishes processing, reboot the machine
  5. In the Windows Control Panel, go to Programs and Features
  6. Click "View Installed Updates"
  7. Locate the update for Internet Explorer 10 and select it and click "Uninstall" at the top of the screen.
  8. Let the process complete and reboot.
  9. Test

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 8 of 11
antho_494
in reply to: dembkod

Oh my god! I can't believe my eyes! 😮 Finaly opened 3dsMax 2014 on my computer... wow!!

I simply follow the instruction about Internet Explorer and it works perfectly! Amazing!! 😄

Thanks a lot dembkod!!!

Thanks to you too asburyj, you help me a lot through the process!

You save me a lot of time for the next months!! 😄

Message 9 of 11
parleyburnett
in reply to: dembkod

So your solution is to remove IE?  Uh.... can't do that here. Any other suggestion?

Message 10 of 11
asburyj
in reply to: parleyburnett

Uninstalling IE simply rolls it back to the previously installed version, it can't be truely removed. After you are able to activate your software you can re-installed the updated version. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 11 of 11
parleyburnett

Thank you!!

Sent from Windows Mail

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report