Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Civil 3D on a Mac server

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Rpetre44
339 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Civil 3D on a Mac server

Our server is aging and needs replaced.  Our in house IT guy wants to switch from PC to a Mac server.  Which essentially means we would switch to Macs.  Any suggestions?  All of our programs run in PC format and was wondering how this major change might affect how we are running right now.  Does Autodesk support Mac servers?

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I give my point of view on the idea.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Rpetre44

you already have a thread on this

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Server-switch-PC-to-MAC/td-p/4293999

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Rpetre44

Yes, I was told to check the licensing and support of civil 3d running through a Mac.  Will Autodesk support a full Mac network environment with civil 3d running on parallel software?  

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Licensing will work.  But official Autodesk support on Parallels is laughable.  If you're going to run Windows on a Mac, you might as well stick with PCs. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report