Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2014 install error

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
i.franco
2363 Views, 8 Replies

Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2014 install error

Good afternoon. I'm currently trying to install my autodesk building design suite ultimate 2014 on my workstation. I downloaded the installer and when I execute It, the following message pops out:

"The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\Users\HeptaW1\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI7DD7.tmp\x64\ACA\ACA.msi"

After I click Ok, the installer closes. I have tried everything, from rebooting the pc, to deleting the temp files, downloading the installer again, yet nothing seems to work. I need some assistance please.}

Regards,

Iván Franco

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: i.franco

Welcome to the community.

This is a known issue with Trend Micro antivirus.  Simply disable it temporarily during installation.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889889&linkID=9243099&CMP=OTC-RSS...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
i.franco
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for your quick response, I checked the page you sent and I followed the procedure closely. First off, I do not have Trend Micro antivirus, and since I just formated my pc, I currently do not have any antivirus installed. I tried following the next part which was to clean up the temp folder, and that didn't work either. And finally I did the las procedure which was to create a new temp folder and restart the installation and... well it didnt work 😕

What else can I do?

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Make sure you have local admin rights and UAC is off.  I assume this is Windows 7?

Did you download this?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
asburyj

Clearly something is preventing the use of the install MSI that is unpacked to the temp folder. If it's not antivirus and you have cleaned the temp folder try disabling UAC and attempt the install again. 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/turn-user-account-control-on-or-off

Also, ensure you are running the install with an administrator account. 

If you continue to get errors you may also was to try the microsoft install fix-it utility linked below as it can fix common errors with the windows installer service

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Jeffry Asbury
Message 6 of 9
i.franco
in reply to: asburyj

Thanks again. I tried disabling UAC and the same problem appeared, and I ran the windows fix it tool and since the program was not installed on the workstation, the tool did not detect any problem at all. I do not know what else to do.

Regards,

Ivan franco

Message 7 of 9
TravisNave

It's possible you have a bad download. 

Might try again from the virtual assistant:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889745&linkID=9240617

This isn't Vista, right?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 9
i.franco
in reply to: TravisNave

Nope, it's windows 7. I'll try to download it again and see what happens. I will let you know. Thanks a lot to you both.

Message 9 of 9
i.franco

Hello to you all. I re-downloaded the installer again and this time it worked perfectly. Apparently I did have a bad installer, now the suite is up and running. Thank you all for your assistance.

Regards,

Ivan Franco

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report