In the post below, we are instructed to diable UAC. What is UAC?
Typically 1603 errors are hard to diagnose. But generally you can run down a list of things and usually get it.
Here's where I'd start:
1. Make sure you don't already have any other vertical flavor of AutoCAD 2013 already installed before installing BDS2013.
2. Make sure you have local administrator privileges. Sometimes Office updates switch you to Debugger User, etc. So verify you are local administrator. In fact, you might even try logging in as Administrator or running the installer as Administrator.
3. Make sure UAC is disabled completely
4. Make sure anti-virus is off.
5. If you are installing from media (DVD or USB) copy the contents to a folder on your local hard drive and install from there. If you are installing from network deployment, make sure you have full read/write to the share and folder permissions and do not make it a silent deploy.
6. Do not add the service pack during the install. If prompted, decline. Add the service pack afterwards.
These are the typical things to try. Generally one or more of them will get you where you need to be.
UAC = User Account Control.
It is evil.
Disable it. Here are the steps from Microsoft:
I am getting sick of these suites not working right.
What is @#@$@$ use of rolling back EVERYTHING if one part fails?
First I need to remove all other installed Autodeks software! What the heck? Why? I have licenses for them and have them fully configured!!!!!!
Then you need to run all kind of tools, do registry hackings to get a clean system....
Then you install the suite... get to 50-60 percent in an hour then all roll back because it cant find something, ending with a idiotic message "Installation complete" "Some parts are not installed"
What? Nothing is installed!!! What was installed has been rolled back!!!!!
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
|Installation & Licensing|