Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2014 Installation Question

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
armin.wiesmueller
1008 Views, 8 Replies

Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2014 Installation Question

Hi there.

We purchased a licence key for being able to install and use the above product with 11 installations.
We have to deploy the software with Matrix42 Empirum. That's why i need the Parameter that the setup.exe does accept.

I want to install the complete bundle for the correct architecture (x64 on x64, x86 on x86 machines).
I want the software to be installed without the need for a key, but to be activated manually later on by another departement here in the company.

I only found the way to preselect the architecture for an Admin Image, also, there is a need to enter the serial number, what i dont want to.

The manual activation is needed because of the complicated licencing model of AutoDesk, we dont want to disable licences because of this, thats why we dont want to add these information needed for activating the product at the deployment time, but leave this step to be done in the deppartement that needs the software.

Thank you for your help!

Armin

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
asburyj
in reply to: armin.wiesmueller

Hi Armin and welcome to the forum,

There is no longer a way to deploy a product as a trial. You can only choose the trial option with direct installs.  If you want your deployment to install without a using one of your SNs  you can supply a bogus one (123-12341234) when you create the deployment. Obviously you users will get an error when they try to launch because that SN can't be activated, you can then have them supply a valid SN at that time. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 9
armin.wiesmueller
in reply to: asburyj

Hi Jeffry.

Sorry for the very large delay, we had other projects with a higher priority to handle with.
The solution you explained doesnt work, i cannot enter fake information (see in the attachment).

Do you have any other idea?

It would be also great to have the files that are the same for x64 and x86 installs only on time for saving space on the hard disk drives on the servers.

We only need a siltent install - corresponding to the Windows install version (x64/x68) - that is not activated already, because a manager will handle the activations (and unactivations also).

Thank you very much,
Armin

Message 4 of 9
asburyj

You still need a valid product key even when entering a dummy serial number. Here's a list of the 2014 product keys

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/2014-Pr...

You always need two different deployments for 64 bit and 32 bit. There isn't a workaround for this. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 9
armin.wiesmueller

Hi there.

I Didn't save the website and now it is gone 😞
Is there another official source?

Message 6 of 9
asburyj

Sorry I am not sure what you are asking for, Are you looking for a download source? If so you can use our virtual agent as follows:

Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Select the 2nd Choice "Download Links "

Select your product

You are now presented with the choice to download your software. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 9
armin.wiesmueller

Hi.

I created an admin image and now tried to test-install it to a device.
Unfortunately, the installation does not start.

The *.ini files that are probably needed for research are in the attachment.

I cant find any logfile. a *.bat-file containing this line closes after one or two seconds:

"G:\AD\Autodesk BDS Premium 2014 64bit\Img\Setup.exe" /W /q /I "G:\AD\Autodesk BDS Premium 2014 64bit\Img\Autodesk BDS Premium 2014 64bit.ini" /language de-de

What can be the reason for this? It happens with both, 32 and 64bit version and on several computers.
*Edit*: Testing machines are Win7 x86 and x64 in Enterprise version and with current security updates and Win8 x64 with all security updates.

Message 8 of 9
asburyj

It's usually not a good idea to have your Admin image location be a mapped drive unless all your users have thier drives all mapped to the same latter

"ADMIN_IMAGE_LOCATION=G:\AD\Autodesk BDS Premium 2014 64bit\" 

Can you confirm that location is valid for the system that the install is running on? Is that share really a drive really mapped as G:\ ? The best practice for deployment creation is to use UNC paths instead of mapped drives (ex. \\servier\share\Autodesk BDS Premium 2014 64bit)

Jeffry Asbury
Message 9 of 9
armin.wiesmueller

I had a syntax like this in my setup call:
C:\Temp\AutoD\Img\Setup.exe /W /q /I "C:\Temp\AutoD\Img\Autodesk BDS Premium 2014 32bit.ini" /language de-de

It now starts installing after I left out the quotation marks as they are normally used for Windows, but it seems like this is a problem for the setup.

I will tell you whether the ADMIN_IMAGE_PATH seems to be used during install or not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report