Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 will not install

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
danteoz
2520 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 will not install

Hello,

I'm currently trying to install AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 for a client. We have been trying for about 2 and a half weeks now to install the Product Design Suite Ultimate 2012 and every time it hang or fails while installing AutoCAD Mechanical 2012. We first tried to install from the USB stick. That didn't work. We did manage to install every other component piece by piece but AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 just fails every time. I downloaded it from the Autodesk website and tried to install it from that but it still will not install. This program is going to drive me nuts! Please help we would like to get this system to our customer as soon as possible.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
alison.gangler
in reply to: danteoz

Hi,

Thanks for including the log. The actual error that's holding up the install is the following:

CheckForACADExistence. Return value 3.

This can easily be resolved by verifying that there is not Mechanical 2012 directory already present on the hard drive in the install path, as for example, c:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2012.

Remove or rename this directory and also be sure that the following key in the Registry is either removed or renamed:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.2\ACAD-A005:409

Then launch the installer again and see if it will then succeed. Let me know how it goes.

Also, it's always strongly recommended to backup the registry prior to making any edits.

Thanks,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
danteoz

Thank you for the tip. I was finally able to get AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 Installed. I deleted that folder and removed some registry entries tied to Mechanical. I was unable to find the specific one you suggested...but it worked out in the end. I believe the installer we had on the flash drive may have been corrupt, because we first tried to install from the USB again and it failed. The download from the Autodesk website did work though. I noticed that the installation size changed from around 1GB when it was failing to around 2.5GB when it finally installed.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Message 4 of 8
alison.gangler

Glad it worked!

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
l26918
in reply to: alison.gangler

Good evening,

I´m also having trouble installing Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 and Inventor Pro 2012.

In attach i´m sending the error message and logs.

Any ideas how to solve? 

Thanks,

André Gouveia.

Andre
Message 6 of 8
alison.gangler
in reply to: l26918

Hi,

Please refer to this Technical Solution regarding this error:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13540825&linkID=9241177

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
l26918

Hi again, 

I tried it but i can´t find the file ProductInformation.pit

The link refers to 2 different errors:  "adlmPITSetProductInformation failed" and "adlmPITRemoveProductInformation failed"

I get the first error and i realy can´t find the file or folder in the solution you refered me to. 

Can you help?

Thanks  

Andre
Message 8 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: l26918

It's a hidden folder.  Go there by typing the path directly or by turning on your hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer. 

%PROGRAMDATA%\Autodesk\Adlm

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report