Installation & Licensing

danteoz
Message 1 of 8 (1,535 Views)
Accepted Solution

Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 will not install

1535 Views, 7 Replies
07-13-2011 01:09 PM

Hello,

I'm currently trying to install AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 for a client. We have been trying for about 2 and a half weeks now to install the Product Design Suite Ultimate 2012 and every time it hang or fails while installing AutoCAD Mechanical 2012. We first tried to install from the USB stick. That didn't work. We did manage to install every other component piece by piece but AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 just fails every time. I downloaded it from the Autodesk website and tried to install it from that but it still will not install. This program is going to drive me nuts! Please help we would like to get this system to our customer as soon as possible.

Employee
alison.gangler
Message 2 of 8 (1,521 Views)

Re: Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 will not install

07-14-2011 08:05 AM in reply to: danteoz

Hi,

Thanks for including the log. The actual error that's holding up the install is the following:

CheckForACADExistence. Return value 3.

This can easily be resolved by verifying that there is not Mechanical 2012 directory already present on the hard drive in the install path, as for example, c:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2012.

Remove or rename this directory and also be sure that the following key in the Registry is either removed or renamed:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.2\ACAD-A005:409

Then launch the installer again and see if it will then succeed. Let me know how it goes.

Also, it's always strongly recommended to backup the registry prior to making any edits.

Thanks,

Alison

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Alison Gangler
IPG - ICP Install Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

danteoz
Message 3 of 8 (1,505 Views)

07-15-2011 05:53 AM in reply to: danteoz

Thank you for the tip. I was finally able to get AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 Installed. I deleted that folder and removed some registry entries tied to Mechanical. I was unable to find the specific one you suggested...but it worked out in the end. I believe the installer we had on the flash drive may have been corrupt, because we first tried to install from the USB again and it failed. The download from the Autodesk website did work though. I noticed that the installation size changed from around 1GB when it was failing to around 2.5GB when it finally installed.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Employee
alison.gangler
Message 4 of 8 (1,501 Views)

07-15-2011 06:11 AM in reply to: danteoz

Glad it worked!

Cheers,

Alison

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Alison Gangler
Autodesk, Inc.

l26918
Message 5 of 8 (1,194 Views)

02-06-2012 01:14 PM in reply to: alison.gangler

Good evening,

I´m also having trouble installing Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 and Inventor Pro 2012.

In attach i´m sending the error message and logs.

Any ideas how to solve? 

Thanks,

André Gouveia.

Andre
Employee
alison.gangler
Message 6 of 8 (1,174 Views)

02-08-2012 11:00 AM in reply to: l26918

Hi,

Please refer to this Technical Solution regarding this error:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13540825&linkID=9241177

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Autodesk, Inc.

l26918
Message 7 of 8 (1,166 Views)

02-08-2012 02:57 PM in reply to: danteoz

Hi again, 

I tried it but i can´t find the file ProductInformation.pit

The link refers to 2 different errors:  "adlmPITSetProductInformation failed" and "adlmPITRemoveProductInformation failed"

I get the first error and i realy can´t find the file or folder in the solution you refered me to. 

Can you help?

Thanks  

Andre
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 8 of 8 (1,164 Views)

02-08-2012 03:00 PM in reply to: l26918

It's a hidden folder.  Go there by typing the path directly or by turning on your hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer. 

%PROGRAMDATA%\Autodesk\Adlm

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube