Installation & Licensing

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 1 of 5 (426 Views)
Accepted Solution

Autodesk Application Manager causes VoIP cutout every 10 seconds

426 Views, 4 Replies
04-02-2014 12:32 PM

Problem:  When using a VoIP application on your computer where Autodesk Application Manager is installed, phone conversations cut out momentarily every 10 seconds.

Cause:  Possible causes may be linked to a keep-alive check that affects QoS on the host machine.  More research will be required.

Work-Around:  After adjusting many settings and upgrading to the latest version (to date: v2.2 April 2, 2014) did not alleviate the issue.  Therefore, the only solution is to exit the application from the systray.  Subsequently, changing the setting to not autostart with Windows or removing it with msconfig are other alternatives. 

appmanager.JPG

For more information about this product, please see this link:

https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3Aautodeska...

I will try to monitor this issue as more testing occurs.  However, with the increase of VoIP, I felt it necessary to provide this information.

Thanks.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Product Support
david.lau
Message 2 of 5 (414 Views)

Re: Autodesk Application Manager causes VoIP cutout every 10 seconds

04-02-2014 12:55 PM in reply to: TravisNave

Just an FYI, the Application Manager is different from the App Manager.  

Application Manager = Manages updates [Service Packs]

App Manager = App plug-in can be used with AutoCAD to simplify the process of managing apps installed from Exchange.

David Lau
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 3 of 5 (410 Views)

04-02-2014 01:02 PM in reply to: david.lau

Travis

I think you mean this link: www.autodesk.com/applicationmanager

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 4 of 5 (407 Views)

04-02-2014 01:07 PM in reply to: david.lau

Thanks guys, I inadvertently grabbed the wrong link when I did the search.  Of course, my complaint for years on the forums have been the inability to go back and edit posts. 

But yes, the Application Manager with filename of AdAppMgr.exe is the correct reference to the OP.  Thanks again for the clarification.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Contributor
krishnamurthy.kalvai
Message 5 of 5 (291 Views)

05-01-2014 04:42 PM in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for reporting the problem. There is a bug logged. Will look into it.

Krishna

Autodesk Application Manager Team

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube