Installation & Licensing

anthonyjmorse
Message 1 of 3 (1,267 Views)
Accepted Solution

Autodesk 3DSMax 2014 Install Error

1267 Views, 2 Replies
08-28-2013 05:56 PM

Hi 3DS Max Community, I'm currently experiencing trouble downloading my student copy of 3DS Max 2014. I was able to successfully download and install the subcomponents such as Composite and Backburner as well as the Material Archives, but can't find and install the main 3DS Max files. When attempting to repair my install the installer acts as if all the files are there and nothing's wrong. I don't know is this is due to it reading previous installation still inside my computer, but I thoroughly uninstalled and deleted every component and file before trying again. I've tried to install numerous times and uninstalled afterward. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Product Support
Message 2 of 3 (1,260 Views)

Re: Autodesk 3DSMax 2014 Install Error

08-28-2013 06:46 PM in reply to: anthonyjmorse

Try a browser download from students.autodesk.com site.  The button is not very apparent.  

If the software will not install and it appears to be installed but it isn't installed, please use Fix It to uninstall it.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/06/windows-the-basics-of-using-microsoft-fix-it.html

David Lau
anthonyjmorse
Message 3 of 3 (1,247 Views)

Re: Autodesk 3DSMax 2014 Install Error

08-28-2013 08:34 PM in reply to: david.lau

Microsoft Fixit worked like a charm. Thank you!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube