Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 2014 USB version - 64 bit installer but need 32

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
NonieHedges
833 Views, 12 Replies

Autodesk 2014 USB version - 64 bit installer but need 32

I bought Autodesk design suite ultimate 2014 (USB for students) last year new. I have not been able to get it installed becuse it is for a 64 bit computer and mine is only 32 bit. What do i do?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: NonieHedges

Kind of like running your fancy car on flat tires, 32bit Windows is not the greatest choice for an OS. Do you even have the disk space for the suite on the C: drive?

May I ask where did you buy this and did you ask them for the 32bit version? Should be free if they still have it on a USB drive.
Message 3 of 13
jeffrey.sin

Hi @NonieHedges

Depending on which suite you have, the USB installer only carries the 64bit version. If you need the 32bit version, you can try checking out the Virtual Agent and downloading the installer from there.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 4 of 13
NonieHedges
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your reply. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Yes I do have the sapce on the C: drive.  I bought it on the softwaretime website. I am sure I told them I had  32 bit Windows and they said it would work for both (told me to find on the USB the 32 bit installer) when I got back to them saying it had a 64 bit installer. I will get back to them again.

Message 5 of 13
NonieHedges
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Thanks Jeffrey

Will try downloading the installer from Virtual Agent and get back to you.

Message 6 of 13
KWKnoll
in reply to: pendean

cold answer - there was a world before 64 bit.

I'm in the same boat that Autodesk set sail without the previous for us old-timers. There are reasons people still use 32 vs. 64

FYI – from what I know, 64/32 is not and OS issue, but hardware CPU

@pendean wrote:
Kind of like running your fancy car on flat tires, 32bit Windows is not the greatest choice for an OS. Do you even have the disk space for the suite on the C: drive?

May I ask where did you buy this and did you ask them for the 32bit version? Should be free if they still have it on a USB drive.

Message 7 of 13
NonieHedges

To Jeffrey

I downloaded the 32 bit version from Virtual Agent  and only got a trial version. It has now expired. I would like to get a serial number so that I can download a permanent version. Is this possible?

Thank you

Nonie

Message 8 of 13
jeffrey.sin

Hi Nonie,

If you already have the serial number from the purchase you stated at the beginning of this thread, you can use the same serial number to activate this installation. The 32-bit and 64-bit version of the same software will use the same serial number.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 9 of 13
NonieHedges
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Hi Jeffrey

I have already tried to put this serial number in where it says Product
registration and activation

However it comes up with "the serial number you entered is not valid".

What do you suggest?

Nonie
Message 10 of 13
camilo.lemos

Hi @NonieHedges ,

Please, send me your serial number and request code via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks!

Camilo Lemos

Message 11 of 13
NonieHedges
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi Camillo

I clicked on your name but cannot find Send This User a Private Message. I can send you my serial number and my product code.

Cant get a request code as it wont accept my serial number.

Just give me a bit more info re where to find Send This User a Private Message and I will try again.

Thank you so much

Nonie Hodgson

Message 12 of 13
camilo.lemos

Hi Nonie,

The "Send This User A Private Message" option is on the right-side of the screen you see right after you click on my name.

PM

You should still be able to obtain your Request Code even if the serial number is invalid, please follow these steps.

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 13 of 13
KWKnoll
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Camilo, I sent you a PM for same issue - thanks for you help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report