Installation & Licensing

Contributor
jdeschulthess
Message 1 of 6 (783 Views)
Accepted Solution

Autodesk 2011 network license issue

783 Views, 5 Replies
07-07-2011 07:48 AM

I have setup a 2011 64 network deployment that works fine with our shared network licenses.  When I try to do a 32 bit deployment the installation seems to go fine but when trying to run AutoCAD on the workstation it acts as a standalone installation and asks  you to activate.  It then insists that the serial number is not valid.  I also tried to do a deployment for 2010 and encountered the same error for that network serial number also.  It gives the error as "Error 123".

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 6 (779 Views)

Re: Autodesk 2011 network license issue

07-07-2011 09:37 AM in reply to: jdeschulthess

Seems as though your network deployment is created as a stand-alone install rather than a network install.  You may need to modify or remake your deployment image. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Contributor
jdeschulthess
Message 3 of 6 (776 Views)

07-07-2011 09:53 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Ok.  That was it.  I had to click on configure when I got to the create deployments page where standalone was the default option.  I don't recall doing that with the 64 bit install ...

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 4 of 6 (772 Views)

07-07-2011 10:38 AM in reply to: jdeschulthess

Glad you got it up and running.  The 2012 products ask you instead of making you search for it, which is a huge plus. 

Help Improve the Autodesk Discussion Groups
--------------------------------------------------------
If I was able to resolve your issue, please select the "Accept as Solution" option so that you can help fellow members quickly find solutions to their problems. Please add Kudos to a post if you were helped by a post that you did not author.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Contributor
jdeschulthess
Message 5 of 6 (765 Views)

07-07-2011 10:42 AM in reply to: TravisNave

OK, thanks. 

Now I'm wondering if I used the standalone serial number in the 64 bit deployment I used and that is why it is working fine.  Guess I better check that!

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 6 of 6 (760 Views)

07-07-2011 11:06 AM in reply to: jdeschulthess

So long as it is a valid serial number and it is configured as a network install, it really shouldn't matter.  It will grab the license from the NLM.  :smileywink:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube