Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutocadLT 2013 personal information checkbox

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
klimbocker
1057 Views, 5 Replies

AutocadLT 2013 personal information checkbox

On the first run of AutocadLT 2013 we are getting a checkbox that says "I agree to the use of my personal information as described in the Autodesk Privacy Statement (including cross-border transfers as described in the statement)".  The software will not run without agreeing to this.  My users are asking me if there is a way we can run the software without agreeing to this, especially because Autodesk's description of personal information includes "financial information (such as account or credit card number)".  

There is a note below that says " Your company's license administrator may have configured this product to use a licensing model that requires occasional, automatic sending of user and system credentials, as well as product usage metrics, in order to verify license permissions and assess total company usage.  Please contact your administrator with any questions."  As the license adminstrator for my department I'm not sure what this is talking about.  Does anyone know what configuration setting this is referring to?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
matus.brlit
in reply to: klimbocker

I was shocked, when i read this and by now, i'm refusing to accept that agreement.

Can an Autodesk representative comment on this please?

in the Privacy statement, it says, that Autodesk wants to improve user experience, blah, blah, blah... why then force users to accept such an agreement? It should be optional.

Message 3 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: matus.brlit

Sure thing Matus.

In an effort to be even more transparent about how Autodesk uses customers’ personal information, with our more recent releases we have been including a prompt about our Privacy Statement. The Privacy Statement is incorporated by reference in the applicable license terms to which end users agree, so the adjustment was to make the Privacy Statement more prominent.  When you provide personal information as part of the product registration process or while using our products and services, we use this information for registration, contract and licensing purposes. This is why we provide an opportunity to review and request acknowledgement of the Privacy Statement (located at www.autodesk.com/privacy), which explains these uses in more detail.

Very best,

Message 4 of 6
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: klimbocker

It is a bit confusing.

Could you please clarify, if usage metrics collection only applies to software TRIAL usage (like it stated here More Information About Usage Metrics)?

Message 5 of 6
TRToppers
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

So is it possible to register and activate an Autodesk product without agreeing to the use of my personal information?

Message 6 of 6
jessica.t
in reply to: TRToppers

Thank you for your patience as we reached out to the appropriate team to find the answers to your questions:

Please be assured that Autodesk respects your privacy rights.  As we have mentioned previously in this topic string, in an effort to be even more transparent about how Autodesk uses customers’ personal information, with our more recent releases we have been including a prompt about our Privacy Statement.  This is why you have not seen the notice before. 

When you provide personal information as part of the product registration process, we use this information for registration, contract and licensing purposes – without it, we cannot activate the software, nor can we provide services to you.  Our software may offer links or connectivity to our hosted services, which requires registering for an Autodesk ID, for example.   This is why we provide an opportunity to review and request acknowledgement of the Privacy Statement (located at www.autodesk.com/privacy), which explains these uses in more detail.  For example, if you opt-in for marketing communications, we may use your contact information for those purposes as well as the ones listed above (but you may withdraw this marketing permission at any time). 

That said, the language in the Privacy Statement covers a range of possible uses of personal information, and not all of them will apply in every case.  Unless you have provided us directly with financial information (such as a credit card), and nothing you’ve posted indicates that’s the case, we are not processing individual’s credit cards (for example).

To address your other question about product configuration and licensing models – Autodesk offers certain licensing models that involve tracking product usage.  If your company has signed up for this type of license then this language would not apply.

We hope this addresses your concerns. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report