Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad will not register correctly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
462 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad will not register correctly

I have installed the network version of autocad 2002. I contacted Autodesk and got the license file and installed it as they instructed. Flexlm reads the license file and reports everything as ok. But everytime i try to start up Autocad, it tells me I only have X days to register it. Has anyone seen this problem before?? Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, If your seeing the grace period you installed the wrong AutoCAD. You want to create a deployment from netsetup. That will make sure your using the Network version of AutoCAD. Hope this helps. Bud Schroeder AutoCAD Test Development Autodesk Inc. "deeter72" wrote in message news:31979305.1093878958550.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have installed the network version of autocad 2002. I contacted Autodesk and got the license file and installed it as they instructed. Flexlm reads the license file and reports everything as ok. But everytime i try to start up Autocad, it tells me I only have X days to register it. Has anyone seen this problem before?? Thanks in advance.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

so, should i do the net setup before I install Autocad? WHen I try to install the netsetup part, I cant pick the first option. It tells me I have a stand alone version. But when I use the lmtools utility, it tells me I have 2 floating licenses that can be checked out. Does this make any sense?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

At the moment you have the standalone version of AutoCAD installed, that version does not know how to see your license server. You need to uninstall AutoCAD then reinstall using a deployment created for network license usage. The required procedure is described in the Network Administrator's Guide which is on your AutoCAD CD. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "deeter72" wrote in message news:27686208.1093882786633.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > so, should i do the net setup before I install Autocad? WHen I try to install the netsetup part, I cant pick the first option. It tells me I have a stand alone version. But when I use the lmtools utility, it tells me I have 2 floating licenses that can be checked out. Does this make any sense?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report