Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11
SweetTie
1301 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad trial

For some strange reason I downloaded the Autocad 2013 trial version and tried to install it on my new laptop but it won't install. Any suggestions why this is happening?

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
philip.s
in reply to: SweetTie

Hi SweetTie,

What's the specific install error that you're receiving? Mind attaching a screenshot?

Message 3 of 11
SweetTie
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks for responding.

Well the problem is nothing happens after I press 'Install on this computer'. I know it's meant to take me to a different screen after i click it but it doesn't. I have attached a screenshot of how far I get and then nothing else happens.

Message 4 of 11
philip.s

Thanks SweetTie,

This may be a permissions or account restriction issue. Please either try again using a different account, or create a new account, run as administrator, turn the UAC off, and disable your antivirus.

Message 5 of 11
SweetTie

I'm using windows 7 home premium, so I don't have UAC....and I switched my anti-virus off when installing.

Cheers!

Message 6 of 11
jazzmaine

I am also having a hard time getting into the new trial that I just downloaded. I have a purchased version of 2012, but I wanted to try 2013. I downloaded the student trial, only to realize that there is a plot stamp on drawings. After uninstalling the student version, I downloaded the 30 day trial, now it asks me for a serial #. How can I simply use the 2013 version for 30 days?

Message 7 of 11
camilo.lemos
in reply to: jazzmaine

Hi jazzmaine and welcome to our forums!

Can you please confirm that you do not see the screen shown on the attached image? (the screenshot is for Maya but it should be the same for AutoCAD).

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 8 of 11
SweetTie

Please I'm still waiting for a reply back as to what could be wrong. I'm using a HP laptp - Pavilion dv6-7104ea to be exact and it's not more than 6 wks old. I have tried this trial on other laptops and it installs but it won't on mine and I can't figure out why having done all that was suggested and much more???? Please help!!

Message 9 of 11
jazzmaine
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi and thanks for the welcome. I have seen that screen. Mine looks just like it. The 30 day countdown does not appear on the right hand side of my screen as it has done with previous trials. When I choose the option for the trial and click next, it shows that the program downloaded (screenshot 2), but when I attempt to open & use the program, it tells me that I need a serial # (screenshot)

Message 10 of 11
camilo.lemos

Hi SweetTie,

Can you please check that you downloaded the correct version for your OS (32 or 64 bit)?

Thanks

Camilo Lemos

Message 11 of 11
camilo.lemos
in reply to: jazzmaine

Jazzmaine,

Have you installed this trial on this machine before? 

Thanks.

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report