Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad install combined with license server

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
dmarchbanks
689 Views, 7 Replies

Autocad install combined with license server

In years past our install of Autocad has maintained having 28 student pcs and a staff pc. The staff PC maintained the license server and had autocad installed. With 2014, I am unable to duplicate this. Am I doing something wrong? When it tries and grab a license, it hangs.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: dmarchbanks

Welcome to the community.

It's unlikely you are doing something wrong, but something may not be right with the license manager.  You came to the right place.  Maybe we can narrow it down.

I'll need a server status and a debug log file to start.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
dmarchbanks
in reply to: TravisNave

Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

is there an error message or anything?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
dmarchbanks
in reply to: DarrenP

No, the station just hangs like the picture here shows. Goes no further. The only difference between this and the 25 other pc's is the fact that this is also the license managing machine. cad_msg.png

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP

what OS is this? Windows 7?

if it is read the part about editing the Windows Hosts file here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
dmarchbanks
in reply to: DarrenP

What is this black magic? Ha

That worked. Thank you very much. Our AutoCad class will be ready now for Tuesday morning.

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

@dmarchbanks wrote:

What is this black magic? Ha

That worked. Thank you very much. Our AutoCad class will be ready now for Tuesday morning.

Excellent.  It is magic indeed.  After banging my head over this issue on literally hundreds of customers, that ended up being one of my most popular fixes. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report