Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad for students - installation problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kaem23
390 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad for students - installation problem

Hello.

I downloaded and extracted Autocad 2014, everything went great. When the installation prosess began, however, it just ended in a few minutes telling me that the product failed to install.

I tried several times, searched on the internet for various solutions, but nothing worked for me.

I attach the log file and hope you will be able to help me as it is quite urgent.

Thanks, Kamila

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jessica.t
in reply to: kaem23

Hi Kamila and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Thank you for including your log file - "Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603"

This error can be tough, but luckily we have a variety of troubleshooting solutions to help you through it:

Solution One

Solution Two

Solution Three

Solution Four

If you follow all of these troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, please respond to this information with further details.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 3
kaem23
in reply to: jessica.t

Right, so here's what I've done and it WORKED 🙂

(I had no Autodesk products installed before as I'm working on a brand new win8 PC.)

I uninstalled the Mocrosoft Visual C++ (all of it)

It still showed problems with .net framework language pack in the log, as it was installed before with win8 so I followed the instructions here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Install-NET-Framework-Language-Pack-Failed-Inst...

The video really helps 🙂

After modifying the setup.ini file properly everything went smoothly.

Thanks for your help, Jessica!

Regards, Kamila

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report