Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad and Navisworks on one machine but must get licenses on different servers

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
patrick.maas
402 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad and Navisworks on one machine but must get licenses on different servers

I would like to use AutoCad and Navisworks on one machine, but each program has to get its license from a different server, but this does not happen, both applications go to the same server.

Although, on installing, I did specify which server each application has to use to obtain a license.

Also, in the Program Files/AutoDesk/Autocad and Program Files/AutoDesk/Navisworks , the LICPATH.LIC files are there, with the correct servername...

Another issue is to make 2 Navisworks installed on one machine, use a different server to obtain their licenses, for people who work for different departments.

Any ideas ?

Patrick

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: patrick.maas

Why on earth are you running two servers for multiple Autodesk products?  It's no wonder you are having problems.  If you are unable to combine the license servers into one system for some crazy reason, then you might try adding both servernames to the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system environment variable.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

I definitely recommend reconciling your license managers into one location though.  You can separate licenses by department with an Options file.  Everything you could ever want to know about this is listed in my signature.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
patrick.maas

It was not exactly my idea, I have two people that specifically want to use 2 licenses for their own department, and when they work for another project, they want to the licenses bought for that project....not wanting anybody else to thouch their own two licenses...politics, I guess..

Thanks for the advice

Message 4 of 4
inchul.lee

Hi Patrick,

As Travis explained in the above reply, you can 'RESERVE' licenses to a certain user or group by configuring a license option file, ADSKFLEX.OPT. You can also check License Administration Guide in LMTOOLS installation folder or technical solution:

How to control network license access using an options file (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7459915&linkID=9240617).

So, in this case, you can reserve 2 licenses for that department (defined GROUP) and no one outside the group will not be able to take those 2 licenses.

Inchul Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report