The problem which I'm facing now is the installation of Plant 3D 2012.
I have installed the product in two different computers (following same steps): with the first computer the installation was correct with the second not successful.
It can be noticed that the "Autocad Plat Report creator 2012"is not correctly installed.
Attachment #1 shows the difference between the correct and incorrect installation.
Attachment #2 shows the missing file when you compare with the filles installed in the second computer.
Attachment #3,#4,#5 shows the errors encountered during the uninstallation of Plant 3D 2011. For all these errors I choose "Allow".
Attachment #6 shows the computer properties.
I have done the installation / unstallation, of Plant 3D 2012, 4 times with same result.
I have send the computer to IT department and, again, same wrong result.
I believe this problem is because of the missing file (DWG true view 2012), but I can't understand what could be done to allow this installation.
I know this is a problem with the computer itself, but is there anyone who could have an idea what could be solution?
I would really appreciate your support.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I would start first by disabling your F-Secure anti-virus completely before installation. Then also make sure that the Windows 7 User-Access Control (UAC) is also disabled. Make sure you install with local admin rights or login as another user with local admin rights when installing.
Thank you for your reply,
I am doing the unistallation of the program in one computer
Unfortunalley I have a bigger problem in this moment:
1. The license server location is required while I am trying to open Plant 3D or Autocad 2012. Although I specified the location of Server file and the computer name, the program rejects it. Please have a look on the first attachment.
2. I have opened the Log file for the installation and I've noticed that some files requires reboot while other are successfully installed (second attachment). On the other hand, I have checked and the user account control level is low (third attachment).
3. Why I am not allowed or asked the location of the installation? Everything is installed on C Drive without beeing asked anything before the start of installation. The problem is that I have to use another computer with RAM of 8 GB, where the Hard disk is divided in C and D drives, but C drives is smaller and now I can not switch on computer anymore because some "boot is not found" :-(. We will send the computer to IT department to increase the C drive but this take us days to have it back. Is there any file where the location could be changed and how to change it?
4. At the moment I am uninstalling the program once more and we will do the installation once more. I will let you know what will be the result.
5. As an information: the license deployment is located on the company server. This license allows three (3) computers to work at the same time. From the server we do the local installation.
6. Don't ask me how many hours I have spent for the install/uninstall process of this software and I am not finished yet :-)
Thank you and I would really appreciate additional help
I just finished the installation and again I have same problem with the license server system :-(
This time I am sending you three ( 3) filles:
1. server license file
2. flexlm - 1: for the computer where the license server system is required
3. flexlm - 2: for the computer where the license server system is not required and averything works properly
a) What is funny is that in another computer the installation is correct and the "flexlm" is same as "flexlm - 1" but works with no problem!
b) the "LMTools ignores license file path environment variable is enabled".
Please have a look on attachments and let me know as soon as possible how to fix the problem.
do you remember doing any of this?
the problem is solved now :-)
we have restarted manual the FLEXnet Licensing (from computer) but also we've restarted the server where the license was stored
it works now
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.