Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Network Version and S/N

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
225 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad Network Version and S/N

Hello, can I use our old Autocad Architecture 2010 (and 3ds Max 2010) network version serial and product code to

install the new 2012 network licensing versions of the software (our company hasn't yet managed to complete

the purchase but the computers are being deployed and we need the software to be installed now)? I want to be sure

that when I'll load the new 2012 license file in lmtools the 2012 software will correctly authenticate against our server? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

no you can't

it doesn't work that way

you need the 2012 serial numbers

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Right. The 2010 product keys don't work in 2012. However, since you don't have to activate a network version, any successful installation of the software should work when pointed to the NLM server. You'll get a -5 or 0.0.0 error until your new .LIC is added, but it should work in theory. You probably should just wait for the 2012 seats to be purchased though. You can always deploy the software via GPO or similar afterwards.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report