Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2013 Installing

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
EdgewaterDesign
759 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad LT 2013 Installing

Trying to install and run Autocad LT 2013.  It has been installed via disk and then I click on icon and it gets stuck opening while a pop up box with the text 'Checking License' appears.  But it does not go past this.  Any thoughts? 

Following computer hardware trying to run program on:

Dell Dimension DM061

Intel (R) Core (TM)2 CPU

6300 @ 1.86GHz

1.86 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM

Windows XP

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hello:

I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. Please close all Autodeks software on the computer.

Rename the following file by adding a .bak extension at the end of the filename.

Windows XP
   C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*_tsf.data

Then Re-open AutoCAD LT 2013 software. Let me know the results. The above steps are found on our knowledge base article TS15176093

Regards,

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 3 of 11

Thanks. It got me through to the point of hitting the Activate button but after that it froze up again. It's stuck on Checking License. Attached is an image of my Desktop screen. Michael S. Lipko, LLA, PDC Landscape Architect | Permaculture Designer edgewater design, llc landscape architecture & site planning 321 millburn avenue millburn, new jersey 07041 phone: (973) 921-9211 fax: (973) 921-9210 email: mlipko@edgewaterdesign.com website: www.edgewaterdesign.com facebook: www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Edgewater-Design-LLC-landscape-architects/11961762 8107997 Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Message 4 of 11

Hello:

You can try the following suggestions;

1) close program, disconnect computer from internet/network, then launch the program see if the computer bypasses the checking license screen, and it should prompt you for manual actiavation. If you are prompted for manual activation please contact our Registration and Activation line at 1-800-551-1490.

2) if after disconnecting the computer from the network the same checking license screen comes up but does not go beyond that , please uninstall the software including removing the program folders and regsitry entries as outlined Here then re-install the software with Antivirus turned off.

Let me know the results.

Byron M.
Message 5 of 11

Byron: The first option didn't work. I was able to TRY the program but that won't work for us. We'd like the license activated. On the second option should I still keep the network/internet unplugged or plugged-in with anti-virus deactivated? Please confirm. Thank you. Michael S. Lipko, LLA, PDC Landscape Architect | Permaculture Designer edgewater design, llc landscape architecture & site planning 321 millburn avenue millburn, new jersey 07041 phone: (973) 921-9211 fax: (973) 921-9210 email: mlipko@edgewaterdesign.com website: www.edgewaterdesign.com facebook: www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Edgewater-Design-LLC-landscape-architects/11961762 8107997 Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Message 6 of 11

Hello Michael:

On the first option you can still activate manually by contacting our registration and activation line.

On the second option you can try to re-insall with all connections on and see if it activates after initial launch. Keep us updated.

Byron M.
Message 7 of 11

Both options do not work. We cannot Activate the product and therefore cannot get the Registration Code needed to Register the Product online. Is there a phone number we can call for Technical Support? Otherwise we will need to return the product. Please refer to correspondence with jsrafel@gmail.com and cc them on future correspondence. Dear Jan Saltiel Rafel, Thank you for ordering from the Autodesk Store. This email confirms the fulfillment of the product(s) or services you have purchased. If the order was placed with a credit card, that credit card has now been charged. Below you will find a summary of your order. If your order contains multiple line items, you will receive separate email notifications for each line item as it is fulfilled. YOUR ORDER AND BILLING INFORMATION Order Number: 11775668026 Order Date: November 12, 2012 Product SKU: 057E1-AB5411-B001 Product Name: AutoCAD LT 2013 - Get Current Upgrade Promotion Qty Ordered: 1 Amount: $840.00 Product Key: 057E1 SerialNumber: 373-82468824 Billed To: Jan Saltiel Rafel 669 Longview Road South Orange NJ 07079 973-921-9211 jsrafel@gmail.com Shipping Address: Jan Saltiel Rafel 321 Millburn Avenue, Suite 6 Millburn, NJ 07041 United States 973-921-9211 jsrafel@gmail.com Michael S. Lipko, LLA, PDC Landscape Architect | Permaculture Designer edgewater design, llc landscape architecture & site planning 321 millburn avenue millburn, new jersey 07041 phone: (973) 921-9211 fax: (973) 921-9210 email: mlipko@edgewaterdesign.com website: www.edgewaterdesign.com facebook: www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Edgewater-Design-LLC-landscape-architects/11961762 8107997 Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Message 8 of 11

Hello Michael:

Try creating a new user profile on your Windows XP computer, and launch the software underthis new profile and let us know the results. Reference is This blog post.

Byron M.
Message 9 of 11

I'm not sure how to launch software under a new profile name. Does that require uninstalling and reinstalling the program under this new user profile? Michael S. Lipko, LLA, PDC Landscape Architect | Permaculture Designer edgewater design, llc landscape architecture & site planning 321 millburn avenue millburn, new jersey 07041 phone: (973) 921-9211 fax: (973) 921-9210 email: mlipko@edgewaterdesign.com website: www.edgewaterdesign.com facebook: www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Edgewater-Design-LLC-landscape-architects/11961762 8107997 Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Message 10 of 11

Hello Michael:

Aftger you create a new user and give it administrator permissions, you log into computer with this new test account and you will be able to see AutoCAD LT icon either on the desktop or under programs, Autodesk, AutoCAD LT 2013. You can launch it from there, let me know the results. Thank You.

Byron M.
Message 11 of 11

Byron: Success! Thank you. The last suggestion worked I think. Michael S. Lipko, LLA, PDC Landscape Architect | Permaculture Designer edgewater design, llc landscape architecture & site planning 321 millburn avenue millburn, new jersey 07041 phone: (973) 921-9211 fax: (973) 921-9210 email: mlipko@edgewaterdesign.com website: www.edgewaterdesign.com facebook: www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Edgewater-Design-LLC-landscape-architects/11961762 8107997 Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report