Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2012 freezes during start (Windows 7 32bit and 64bit)

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
jukkalehto
4651 Views, 11 Replies

Autocad LT 2012 freezes during start (Windows 7 32bit and 64bit)

I installed Autocad LT 2012 and it worked fine after installation.  But when I first time restarted my PC then Autocad will not start any more.  It hungs up when it is loading custimization files. And after that nothing happens, it is totally dead.
Only way to stop it is to go to taskmanager and kill acadlt.exe process.

Has anyone some ideas what to do ?

Jukka Lehto
Finland
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Charles_Shade
in reply to: jukkalehto

What are the Customization files?

Have you tried removing these from the Startup to see what happens?

Message 3 of 12
jukkalehto
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Customization files I am talking is  acadlt.cuix file. And this is where AC freezes when it try to read/translate it. If I take it away I can start AC but without any ribbons etc. But then I can get in options-menu and change the path for customization file. But it won't help.
In XP Mode (virtual PC) same program is functioning ok in the same PC.

Jukka Lehto
Finland
Message 4 of 12
avto

hi Jukka,

It looks like you have found the workaround - running the program in XP mode.

What if you create a new admin account on your system, then log on with the new account and start ACAD LT 2012.  If it works fine then you can move customization files from that account to yours.

You can find customization files under:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2012 - English\R17\enu\Support

Regards,

Avto

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 12
jukkalehto
in reply to: avto

Hepp Avto

I created a new admin account and logged in with it. Autocad LT 2012 freezes same way as before.

And this is happening in three different PCs (two Windows 7 32 and one Windows 7 64).

To run AC LT in XP mode in no solution, I have to get AC LT to run in normal Windows 7 mode.

Any other ideas to get this fixed ?

regards, Jukka 

Jukka Lehto
Finland
Message 6 of 12
avto

It is interesting that this behavior seems consistent with your Windows 7 systems.  I’m curious if there was a windows update automatically applied to your systems at the reboot time after ACAD LT 2012 install.  Did ACAD LT 2012 work fine on all of your mentioned Windows 7 systems very first time after install?

Have you tried running repair on ACAD LT from Windows Add or Remove Programs?

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 12
jukkalehto

Hepp

No Windows updates at the same time when I installed AC in PCs. And all three PCs are working same way.

After first installation everything seems to work OK but after first boot after installation AC won't start - freezes.

Yes, I have tried to run repair and new installation but same thing is happening every time.

First it is working ok, but after boot freezing.

Today I am going to visit our local CAD Expert and try to work out this strange problem.

regards, Jukka

Jukka Lehto
Finland
Message 8 of 12
jukkalehto

Hepp

Some more information about this problem after I had visited our local CAD Expert in Vaasa, Finland.

Some common thing with all these PCs is that we are running program called M-Files in all these PCs.
And I tested to uninstall M-Files program and da-daa, Autocad started as it should, no problems.
I reinstalled M-Files and the same problem is up to date again. And this happens only with Windows 7.

XP runs OK with M-Files and Autocad, no problems.

So question is: Which program is functioning wrong?

I shall discuss with Motivesys (M-Files) experts if they can help with this problem.

And I shall inform if I get more data about the problem.

Regards, Jukka   

Jukka Lehto
Finland
Message 9 of 12
avto

Thanks for the update Jukka.

I’m not aware of M-Files, have never used it, but if it conflicts with ACAD 2012 under Windows 7 environment while both programs work fine on the same system in XP mode, than this could also be a Windows 7 issue of managing shared resources.

Regards,

Avto

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 12
jukkalehto

Hepp

Problem solved.

I got a servicerelease fix for M-Files 32-bit and 64-bit (version 7.0.2589.27).
And all three PCs are now functioning as they should and Autocad works also well.

This is what Motivesys support said:
AutoCAD updates which was published after M-Files version release 2010 (ver 7.0.2589.6)
requires that M-Files libraries need to be re-translated.  

Thanks for all help.

Regards, Jukka

Jukka Lehto
Finland
Message 11 of 12
david.lau

Thanks for this tip.  I have used it for one of my old cases.  This does indeed work as advertised.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/07/autocad-lt-2011-using-m-files-and-freeze-lock-up-...

David Lau
Message 12 of 12
mtomaso

I've been running AutoCad 2012 for some time now without incident.  Just recently while working it intermittently "hangs".  There is no way out of this but when using Ctrl Alt Delete, it still sees the file as being open and will only let you open as Read Only.  However, when then trying to Shut Down entirely, computer stops responding.  Need to then hold down power switch for a shutdown then re open, log on, etc.  Files are seldomly recoverable and work must be repeated.  This is extremely annoying and I save every 5 minutes or so.  There is no similarity as to when this happens but it is more often than not lately.  What changed to have this occur?????  I have done nothing new to my computer.

Does anyone know or is anyone having the same issues?

Maureen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report