Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2005 upgrade options

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CAD_GUY_2012
1653 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad LT 2005 upgrade options

Hello

I am new to the forums and have kind of a newbie question.  The company I am working for has a full version license of Autocad LT 2005.  I contacted a reseller and he told me that I would be unable to upgrade the software but I could buy a current version for $1100.

First, is this correct?  Second, are there any other options for me?  Can I buy a used version somewhere or any other ideas?

Do not really need to upgrade as we only do small amounts of 2d stuff here.  It would be nice to use a current version of Autocad.

Thanks,

MIke

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: CAD_GUY_2012

that is correct that version of lt is too old to upgrade

you cannot legally buy a used copy of any autodesk software without consent from autodesk

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
CAD_GUY_2012
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks.  Since Autodesk sells new versions, I highly doubt they would give permission for someone to buy a "used" copy since they sell the new.  I thought maybe I could find a version from a company that is no longer in business, it could save our company a tremendous amount of money, is why I asked.  There are several free versions of 2d software I can use also, but since we purchased 2005 LT as a full version, was wanting to stick with that as well.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
jessica.t
in reply to: CAD_GUY_2012

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Autodesk Discussion Forums!

Autodesk only sells current releases of our products which right now would be the 2013 version. We do not sell previous versions of our licenses. Our authorized resellers also follow this policy.

If an authorized reseller gave you that price quote, that is the correct price for that company. You may also check out our Autodesk Online Store or find a different authorized reseller to see if you can get a better price.

Upgrades are typically only available for products up to three versions back from the current release which would be a 2010 or newer product.

If this response answers the nature of your inquiry, please mark it as a solution. Or please let us know if you have any other questions.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 5
CAD_GUY_2012
in reply to: jessica.t

Thank you for the response.  I guess since we already own Autocad LT 2005 and have a full version, I was hoping we would not have to buy an entire license again.  I was hoping that Autodesk would offer a solution for cases like this where the media was outdated, lost or otherwise, unavailable.  Insted all they offer is to sell you a new license.  That really does not help.  I did manage to find it for $899 on Amazon insted of from the local reseller, but an upgrade is only $595, but it only goes back to LT 2007.

Guess I will stay with LT 2005, it works.

Thanks

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report