Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Civil 3D 2012 installation problem

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
durkie
9299 Views, 7 Replies

Autocad Civil 3D 2012 installation problem

I have a problem installing Autocad Civil 3D 2012.

When Its installing Civil 3D intself it stops installing and says that an error occured while installing.

This is the setuplog that should contain the error:

Launch 
PageOpen	LaunchDialog	
PageOpen	LicenseDialog	
PageOpen	ProductInfoDialog
PageOpen	ProductSelectionDialog2	
PageOpen	FullProgressDialog	
Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86): C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_Civil3D_2012_English_Win_64bit\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2005\vcredist_x86.exe /q:a /T:C:\Windows\temp /c:"VCREDI~3.EXE /q:a /c:""msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qn /l*v C:\Users\Djerk\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_2005.log"" " 

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86) Succeeded
Installing Autodesk Design Review 2012: TRANSFORMS="C:\Users\Djerk\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI1CC4.tmp\x86\en-US\Components\adr2012\SetupDesignReview2012-standalone.mst" ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_Civil3D_2012_English_Win_64bit\" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review 2012\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

Install Autodesk Design Review 2012 Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1603

Installing DirectX Runtime: C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_Civil3D_2012_English_Win_64bit\3rdParty\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe /silent

Install DirectX Runtime Succeeded

Installing Microsoft Visual Basic Power Packs 3.0: C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_Civil3D_2012_English_Win_64bit\3rdParty\VBPowerPacks\VisualBasicPowerPacks3Setup.exe /q /l C:\Users\Djerk\AppData\Local\Temp\VisualBasicPowerPacks3Setup.log

Install Microsoft Visual Basic Power Packs 3.0 Succeeded
Installing AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012: TRANSFORMS="C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_Civil3D_2012_English_Win_64bit\x64\en-us\C3D\C3D.mst;C:\Users\Djerk\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI1CC4.tmp\x64\C3D\C3D-standalone.mst" MSINEWINSTANCE=1 ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_Civil3D_2012_English_Win_64bit\" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

Install AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Rollback Microsoft Visual Basic Power Packs 3.0 Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1619

Rollback DirectX Runtime Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1619

Rollback Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86) Failed

Installation aborted, Result=1619

help please

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
david.lau
in reply to: durkie

Can you try the following:

David Lau
Message 3 of 8
durkie
in reply to: david.lau

I did al the steps.

But It didn't work I still got the same error Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 8
david.lau

I would try not running the installation in silent mode.  This may also give you some error messages.

David Lau
Message 5 of 8
ngilman

I'm also having install issues, adui18res.dll, 1606.  I've spent the last 1 1/2 days atempting what I've read in the boards here to NO avail!!!

Suggestions??? Help!

Message 6 of 8
david.lau
in reply to: ngilman
Message 7 of 8
ngilman

Thanks for the reply.

I finally got it to install correctly.  After uninstalling everything (autodesk), I deleted the Autodesk folder from the c:\Program directory, the temp folder, and the 'hkey_local_machine\software\autodesk' instance from Windows 7 registry.  Rebooted and wha-la, a good install.

Hopefully it might help somelse.

Nick

Message 8 of 8
matt160

This worked for our SCCM 2007 deployment. All packages were linked with "Run another program first" setting and silent with no interaction.

1.  First step was a reboot package. Resolves layer eight issues.

2.  Second package update reg keys in HKLM for FaroSDK and VisualBasicPowerPacks3Setup and installs both packages, the previous reboot aviods the whole HKCU fiasco.

3. Autocad package install finished with another reboot.

The first two step as done in no time. The average AC install took between 15-35 minutes.

<soapbox> Autodesk needs to really work on making their product easier to depoly in a enterprise enviroment instead of the canned responses they give.</soapbox>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report