Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Architecture 2013 Installation on new Windows 7 PC

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
yumij
780 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad Architecture 2013 Installation on new Windows 7 PC

I'm trying to install my software and it says "System update required. Your computer is using an unsupported version of the Microsoft.NET Framework. The product you are installing requires Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 or later", then it says to update the software, restart and install.

The problem is, I can't get any 4.0 or 4.5 or other version of this software to install on my machine.  I try and I get an error code HRESULT 0xc8000222, and the install wasn't successful.  I've never encountered this type of error/conflict with Autocad before.  Any suggestions out there? (I need to get workin!)

Attached are screen shots of the error messages I'm getting.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: yumij

You might have to use the .NET Framework cleanup tool.

.NET Framework issues can be resolved using the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool. More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
yumij
in reply to: TravisNave

I tried the cleanup tool and then tried to reinstall the software - same exact thing happened.  I see that when this conversation was moved that this part of the conversational thread was removed.  I think its important to note this for other users - there's a problem here and I'm not sure that this is all Window's fault.  I've got a new machine out of the box that I'm installing this on... this shouldn't be that hard.

The last note from the discussion board was to check to see if WIndow's Update will fix this.  Window's doesn't recognize an issue here, I'm all up to date.  I tried installing 4.0 and 4.5, no luck.  I'm simply not able to install either NET package on my system successfully and it doesn't show that its currently installed on my computer either when I look at my list of current programs.

????????

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: yumij

You're actually responding between two separate threads.  Nothing was lost:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

As for the issue, if .NET Framework will not install, it has absolutely nothing to do with Autodesk software.  The .NET Framework is a Microsoft product, as is Windows.  Both are prerequisites for the Autodesk software to even start the installer.  Clearly, there is something preventing the .NET to be installed on your system.  You might have to open a trouble ticket with Microsoft.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report