Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Architecture 2012 on Windows 7 Install problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
721 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad Architecture 2012 on Windows 7 Install problem

Steve M.

Just got a new iMac.  I'm running Parallels version 6.  I have downloaded the 64bit trial version of AutoCad Architecture 2012 to install on Windows 7 x64 Professional SP1 and immeidately receive the error

2012 Version Error.jpg

I have tried various compatability settings and different approaches only to provide the same result.  I have also made sure I am trying to run the setup.exe file as an administrator.

What do I try next?

Regards,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

There are a couple of settings in Parallels.  I prefer the non bootcamp setup of it.  It is a bit faster when reformatting and the re-installation of Windows 7.

If you have a bootcamp partition, can you reboot the iMac in Windows mode and see if the install will continue?  If this doesn't work, the 2 instances that I have seen with this issue, I just had the user re-install the operating system on the Windows side.  I don't think SP1 should affect the installation of AutoCAD but if you can try installing AutoCAD before running SP 1 as a test.

Also, AutoCAD is actually 'bit' specific.  Only a 32 bit version will install on a 32 bit Windows 7 and a 64 bit version will install on a 64 bit version of Windows  7.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report