Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 on windows 7 64bit, failed installation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
T_aviles199
1195 Views, 8 Replies

Autocad 2014 on windows 7 64bit, failed installation

Hello, this is my first post to the autodesk community. I recently downloaded the student 3-year version of AutoCad 2014. I have a ton of memory and my computer meets all of the performance requirements, however nothing is working. I made sure that I have the latest microsoft .NET framwork, microsoft direct X, and microsoft visual C++ distribution package. AutoCad just keeps failing to install and I have no idea why. I can attach the installation log file if it will help, but in the meantime, any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: T_aviles199

Log file please
Message 3 of 9
kwkkaia
in reply to: pendean

HELP! Have tried to install several times. Log file attached
Message 4 of 9
pendean
in reply to: kwkkaia

nothing attached.
Message 5 of 9
kwkkaia

Message 6 of 9
kwkkaia

what am I doing wrong... I choose file to attach but doesnt attach.
Message 7 of 9
T_aviles199

Here are installation logs from two separate occasions. Seems to be the same issue. This is from the broswer download of the whole 1.5GB package (AutoCAD_2014_English_Win_64bit_dlm.sfx).

When I tried the default option for download/installation (the .exe setup file, AutoCAD_2014_English_Win_32_64bit_wi_en-us_Setup ), I received "Communication Error" which also didn't make sense to me. Pretty sure that there isn't a problem with my firewall or internet connection.

Message 8 of 9
pendean

1603 error is showing up in your log file: look around here for that, many solutions are in offer.
Message 9 of 9
T_aviles199

After some searching, I downloaded another copy of autocad using the virtual agent. Didn't work. I used the .NET clean up tool, which I think removed .NET 4.0 from my computer. Tried re-installing .NET and now it's saying that it can't download. 

Log file for .NET failed installation:

OS Version = 6.1.7601, Platform 2, Service Pack 1
OS Description = Windows 7 - x64 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1
CommandLine = C:\451dbef46509ecf6f9c535dd9a1c\\Setup.exe /x86 /x64 /ia64 /web
TimeZone = Eastern Daylight Time
Initial LCID = 1033
Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism
Operation: Installing
Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup
Package Version = 4.0.30319
User Experience Data Collection Policy: AlwaysUploaded
Number of applicable items: 11
Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x00000424), "The specified service does not exist as an installed service. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:01:18).

Please any specific suggestions would be very appreciated. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report