Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 crashes during inital startup.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ivor
2193 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad 2014 crashes during inital startup.

Hi,

Autocad 2014 crashes with a message "Configuration file may be locked by another process or file is set as read only". This occured after deployment to the client workstation. I can't even find the ACAD2014.CFG file in the specified directory. The computer is a 32bit with an Intel I5 processor and 4GB of ram. Is there something I missed in the deployment setups?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: ivor

You probably have UAC set too high or the user does not have local admin rights.  This is easily fixable.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/05/autocad-family-configuration-file-may-be-locked-b...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report