Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 and VMware View Horizon issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
serverprogetti
4116 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2014 and VMware View Horizon issue

Autocad 2014 and VMware View Horizon issue. We have the following architecture: - SAN FC 8GB - Server biprocessor with 192GB RAM and NVIDIA Grid K1 configured as vSGA - VMware View 5.3 in linked clones configuration - Windows 7 64 bit - AutoCAD 2014 -- LAN gigabit - Terminal Wyse P25 Tera2 Test settings on the architecture above: one pool with max video RAM and one VM active only. Issue:, the mouse pointer is lagging and not working as desired in the users Autodesk MAP 3D 2014 application. We checked with VMware’s engineer that there was no latency shown by the PCOIP. I ask to you if someone know this issue and if exist some solution. Let me know your implementations. Thanks Enrico
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: serverprogetti

This environment is unsupported and is a violation of the license agreement.  You will not receive technical support for this setup.  If you wish to use virtualization, you need to comply with the Citrix solution.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=13959101

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
serverprogetti
in reply to: TravisNave

Hello Travis, I understand, now Autocad is used in phisical workstations, and VMware is used for servers and desktops virtualization, so we can't virtualize workstations. Ok, do you know if in the future Autodesk will agree a partnership with VMware ? Many thanks. Enrico
Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: serverprogetti

I agree with you completely. But unfortunately, I do not know if or when that might happen.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
serverprogetti
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis, thanks for your support. Best regards, Enrico

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report