Installation & Licensing

Mistyd07
Message 1 of 2 (297 Views)

Autocad 2012 student install error

297 Views, 1 Replies
08-31-2012 08:06 PM

Hello

I have downloaded the 64 bit version of autocad student and ran the instalation on my machine. It says that the install failed. I have attached a copy of the log. Can anyone tell me what steps I need to take to resolve the issue?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (288 Views)

Re: Autocad 2012 student install error

09-01-2012 12:16 AM in reply to: Mistyd07

Hi,

besides of all the other tips when >>>searching for installation errors 1603<<< I have (maybe a silly, but worth to try) idea:

your username has more then 8 characters, that results in path-shortenings like that:

C:\Users\TM_MB_~1\AppData\Local\Temp

instead of using

C:\Users\TM_MB_4ever\AppData\Local\Temp

And if there are more folders within the users-directory starting with TM_MB that may result in conflicts of not beeing able to access the correct temp path.

What could you try to avoid that: create a new Windows-user-account on your system, having admin rights and less than 9 characters for the user-name.

But please look also into the search results for alternative solutions.

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube