Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2012 - Starts & Closes or Crashes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Cloakedboltz
972 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2012 - Starts & Closes or Crashes

I installed Autocad 2012 64-bit English (standalone) on a user computer (a Lenovo W510) with Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit. I can't get the program to activate because we have a proxy server, so I used the authentification method where support sends you an activation code. It said it registered succesfully.

So I try to run the program. Program either loads only to crash, or loads only to close immediately as soon as the UI is visible.

A quick look around says I have to disable Aero. I did but the issues persisted. Others said to erase license files, I did, again no difference even after reactivating. I even tried to remove it and reinstall it.

I installed Autocad on other computers with no problems. I'm considering maybe using Revo uninstaller or even CCleaner (I don't like registry cleaners) to make sure it cleans up the installation and try to reinstall it again. I would like to avoid reinstalling the entire OS if possible.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cloakedboltz
in reply to: Cloakedboltz

Also tried to cleanup Framework and reinstall it, then repairing AutoCAD.

Message 3 of 5
Cloakedboltz

Program opens if I use /nohardware parameter. Video driver is up to date.

Message 4 of 5
Cloakedboltz

Updated to AutoCAD 2012 SP2, same problem.

The error I'm getting is:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation writing 0x6ca000 Exception at f77ac01ah

10/01/2012 at 15:22:14.677 Drawing:

Message 5 of 5
Cloakedboltz

No errors when running AutoCAD with the standard Windows driver but as soon as I put the recommended certified driver it starts crashing again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report