Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2011 "cannot continue message" when running in windows 7 64bit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
edcad2010
1061 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad 2011 "cannot continue message" when running in windows 7 64bit

Has anyone had issues with AutoCAD 2011 and windows 7 64-bit such as AutoCAD hanging and getting a "cannot continue" message. Immediately after this the program abruplty shuts down. Any ideas would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kevin.moore
in reply to: edcad2010

I have installed and run AutoCAD many times on Windows 7 64-bit, so I know it works.

Check your video driver and make sure you have the most recent one.

If you get another error, you can copy the error message and paste it here.
AutoCAD error messages are set up so you can extract the text.
1. Click on the error dialog.
2. Press Ctrl+C (Copy)
3. Paste the error message here.

If you get a crash, be sure to fill out the CER report.
Also, look for an .err file.

I don't doubt you are having issues. The more information we have, the easier it is to diagnose the problem.

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
edcad2010

I checked the drivers and Nvidia says I have the right ones installed. No .err file found. Hopefully, I won't get this message again. I'll try to duplicate the siiue and paste it for you to review.
Message 4 of 6
adrian_worboys

We are having a similar problem with Autocad hanging for no reason. It is also very slow to switch between drawings. I have no idea why. Our users are staying with 2008.
Message 5 of 6
edcad2010

The hang up may be a windows thing. The last time it happened I had exported to PDF in Autocad. The PDF file was open in Nitro when I tried to close the drawing in Autocad. That's when Windows had a problem with Autocad or vice versa. I've attached a copy of the message box if that helps anyone to see what's going on.
Message 6 of 6

I am facing same problem in Autocad LT 2011. I am using Core2Duo CPU, 4 GB Ram, 500 GB HardsDisk. Please see attached screen shot for the same. At present i am not been able to find any solution on google and in this forum. Any body knows the solution. Please do help

Thanks & Regards,

Mohan suryawanshi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report