Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2010 & Windows 7 - Run errors

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
2712 Views, 0 Replies

Autocad 2010 & Windows 7 - Run errors

Appearantly for some twisted reason, the answer always comes to you, when you are ready to give up. I ran acad.exe from the program directory with "Run as Administrator". (An option that was not available from the start menu). And got the whole thing going right away.

Hopefully this advice can be given to other people trying to run Autocad 2010 on a windows 7 system, because it could have saved me three precious workdays.

Cheers, Jasper

------------------------------

Hello all,

Im running Windows 7 on a 32bit system and tried to install Autocad 2010 three times now. Installation seems to run fine, but when I try to run the product it gives the following errors.

- When it tries to install a language pack it crashes with a window called Microsoft .NET Framework:

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\Migration' is denied."

I am logged in with a user from the Administrators group
.NET Framework 3.5 sp1 is installed

Pressing Continue gives a Migrate Custom Settings with "One or more previous releases of {0} have been identified. You can migrate files and settings from one of the previous releases of the product to {1}". The pulldown menu with "Migrate settings from:" is empty. Clicking OK without changes gives another error box called Migrate Custom Settings, with "InvalidArgument=Value of '-1' is not valid for 'index'. Parameter name: index.". Continue gives the Migrate Custom Settings again.

Clicking Quit however, closes the Migrate Custom Settings and opens the AutoCAD 2010 - Initial Setup, with 3 pages. Whatever settings I choose, when getting to the third page and clicking Start AutoCAD 2010 gives no result. The button becomes blue for a moment, but nothing happens and the settings can still be changed. One can only skip of cancel to go further. This gives the option to start the Initial Setup Menu again next time. And another Start AutoCAD 2010 button, that does work this time.

AutoCAD2010 starts up and gives the New Features Workshop popup. After closing this, another error appears in a box calles AutoCAD.

"Unhandled exception has occurred in a componetn in your application. If you click Contineu, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Within the command bar the following is visible:

Command: System.Exception: Error Compiling Expression: Error Compiling
Expression: Cannot create temporary file 'c:\Program Files\AutoCAD
2010\CSC96E2.tmp' -- Access is denied.
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Ribbon.TabEvaluatorFactory.Compile(List`1 selectors,
String assemblyPath)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Ribbon.TabEvaluatorFactory.Load()
at
Autodesk.AutoCAD.Internal.Windows.RibbonContent.get_ContextualTabEvaluator()Syst
em.Exception: Error Compiling Expression: Error Compiling Expression: Cannot
create temporary file 'c:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\CSC97AD.tmp' -- Access is
denied.
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Ribbon.TabEvaluatorFactory.Compile(List`1 selectors,
String assemblyPath)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Ribbon.TabEvaluatorFactory.Load()

I had windows xp installed, and used an upgrade to windows 7. During the installation I deleted the old partitions and installed windows 7 fresh. Also the second time. On windows xp I had Autocad 2008 installed.

Hopefully someone can help me! Im really stuck here. Thanks in advance, Jasper Edited by: VogstAr on Mar 29, 2010 9:30 PM
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report