Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2008 & Windows 7 64bit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
FortifyIT
46472 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad 2008 & Windows 7 64bit

Hi

We just upgraded from XP to Windows 7 64bit on the Cad guy's computer.  Trying to install Autocad 2008 and it says this is a 32bit program and not supported on 64 bit...etc.  is there a work around or files that can be replaced?  

I researched for a while and I found this link in the forums: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Architecture/aca-08-and-64-bit/m-p/2025385  that basically replaces the associated MSI files with replaced ones so that specific version can install on a 64bit version.

Is there a way to get those files that the Autodesk Support Team mentions for regular autocad 2008?  We need 64 bit for more Ram and to help future proof the systems as everything is moving towards 64bit. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: FortifyIT

you can try to use this method works with all 2008 autocad based products: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Architecture/Updated-Workaround-instructions-for-64-Bit-OS-Ins...

no gurantee this going to let you install it on windows 7 because 2008 products are not supported on windows 7

good luck

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
FortifyIT
in reply to: DarrenP

great.  thanks for the info.  I've used Orca before on XP 64 for Itunes so I'm familiar with it so i will give it a shot.  

i appreciate it!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: FortifyIT

hi

Message 5 of 6
fikrumekasha
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey their i want to download Autocad 2008 and to use it how can i get it. By the way i have Autocad 2016 but it become hard to use it. If it is possible quick reference materials  

Message 6 of 6
lynn_zhang
in reply to: fikrumekasha

Hi @fikrumekasha

Unfortunately AutoCAD 2008 download is no longer available...What specific trouble or issues are you having with AutoCAD 2016?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report