Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2008 Deployments

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
327 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2008 Deployments

I have a question regarding Deployments of AutoCAD 2008. We already have created a deployment for the standalone copies of AutoCAD 2008 for the company, and have deployed it without any major issues. Now, I would like to deploy the network copies of AutoCAD 2008 ( which has a different serial number) With that being said my question is this: Do I need to create a separate deployment for the network, or can I simply modify the standalone and update the serial number and server name? I do not want to have to create multiple installs because our company has many remote sites, and sending DVD's or copying files takes a lot of time.

Any help you can provide me would be great. I have tried modifying my standalone deployment directory for use with the network copies, and it simply installs the standalone copy. If this is possible is their something else that I need to update (ini file, etc) Also, I am using Group Policy to deploy the software to the workstations.

Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

WPCKA said the following On 8/16/2007 12:54 PM:
> I have a question regarding Deployments of AutoCAD 2008. We already have created a deployment for the standalone copies of AutoCAD 2008 for the company, and have deployed it without any major issues. Now, I would like to deploy the network copies of AutoCAD 2008 ( which has a different serial number) With that being said my question is this: Do I need to create a separate deployment for the network, or can I simply modify the standalone and update the serial number and server name? I do not want to have to create multiple installs because our company has many remote sites, and sending DVD's or copying files takes a lot of time.
>
> Any help you can provide me would be great. I have tried modifying my standalone deployment directory for use with the network copies, and it simply installs the standalone copy. If this is possible is their something else that I need to update (ini file, etc) Also, I am using Group Policy to deploy the software to the workstations.
>
> Thanks,

I tried copying the MSSA deployment and modifying it for our network
seats but then I thought better of the idea and decided if this failed I
would waste more time than if I just created a second deployment from
scratch...

I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but wanted to share
my thoughts on the matter....

--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com
Message 3 of 5
TravisNave

You could just simply deploy the stand-alone versions and then run a registry fix that converts the installation from stand-alone to network version. The network version doesn't really care about the serial number, since the license comes from the NLM.

This would work and save you a lot of time. Otherwise, just make a new deployment.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

TravisNave said the following On 8/16/2007 4:07 PM:
> You could just simply deploy the stand-alone versions and then run a registry fix that converts the installation from stand-alone to network version. The network version doesn't really care about the serial number, since the license comes from the NLM.
>
> This would work and save you a lot of time. Otherwise, just make a new deployment.

You know, I tried that on a 2008 install (Land Desktop Companion, if
that makes any difference...) and it did not work. I kept getting
license errors. In fact, I spent time checking out the LMs thinking
something was wrong there...

A simple uninstall of the standalone and a reinstall of the network
licensed deployment solved it.

That is not to say that your suggestion will not work, because I have
done this successfully in the past on 2006 installs...

Maybe a glitch, or maybe something about 2008?

--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com
Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

Could be. I haven't run into that issue yet in 2008 products. I haven't installed the LDDT Companion yet, for that matter.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report