Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoDesk products using Windows Server 2008 RemoteApp

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
SkySoftVentures
958 Views, 2 Replies

AutoDesk products using Windows Server 2008 RemoteApp

Hi,

I am looking at virtualizing AutoCAD 2013 (and a few other AutoDesk products) using application virtualization. Citrix XenApp is much more expensive compared to RemoteApp provided by Windows Server. But, I hear that only XenApp is supported virtualization platform. Is that true? Would I violate any Autodesk EULA by running the product using RemoteApp?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Unless you used the Citrix solution, you would be violating the EULA by running it on the server this way.  You certainly do not want an audit.  Other companies threaten, Autodesk follows through. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3

If you have a citrix license pool and install the Autodesk app with a deployment that uses the citrix license on your remoteapp server than I would think you would be ok? Someone from Autodesk please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report